Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bedding nit dry

(Topic created on: 06-01-2021 04:53 PM)
ContainerQueen
Apprentice
Options

My bedding is getting twisted in the tumble dryer and it’s not drying. I’ve taken it out and started again but the same thing happens. What can I do to stop this happening?

0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi @ContainerQueen, not sure which tumbler dryer you have, but have a look at some of these recommend steps to prevent this:

Sort the load proportionally. Having too many clothes in the Washing Machine are most likely to cause wrinkle due to lack of room to move around

Know your fabric and use the correct wash cycles. Inappropriate wash cycle can cause clothes to toss around in the Washing Machine and come out wrinkled and tangled

Add fabric softener into the laundry load to soften the clothes and prevent wrinkles

Wash your clothes in warmer water. Cold water will increase wrinkles

Use the Wrinkle Prevent feature. Wrinkle Prevent provides approximately 90 minutes of intermittent tumbling in unheated air at the end of the cycle to reduce wrinkling

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
ContainerQueen
Apprentice
Options

Dryer balls seem to have helped 

View solution in context

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22
Solution
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi @ContainerQueen, not sure which tumbler dryer you have, but have a look at some of these recommend steps to prevent this:

Sort the load proportionally. Having too many clothes in the Washing Machine are most likely to cause wrinkle due to lack of room to move around

Know your fabric and use the correct wash cycles. Inappropriate wash cycle can cause clothes to toss around in the Washing Machine and come out wrinkled and tangled

Add fabric softener into the laundry load to soften the clothes and prevent wrinkles

Wash your clothes in warmer water. Cold water will increase wrinkles

Use the Wrinkle Prevent feature. Wrinkle Prevent provides approximately 90 minutes of intermittent tumbling in unheated air at the end of the cycle to reduce wrinkling

0 Likes
Keithk
Student
Options
I have the same problem with trying to dry bedding i the model DV90T. Sheets roll into a ball enclosing pillowcases etc so nothing drys. I have resorted to drying 1 sheet at a time but it still roles into a ball and takes over 2 hours of stop/start taking the item out and putting it back in. I have tried dryer balls but makes no difference. Hopeless machine.
ContainerQueen
Apprentice
Options

Think I’ve nearly solved this. I use dryer balls and this seems to help a lot

Solution
ContainerQueen
Apprentice
Options

Dryer balls seem to have helped 

0 Likes
Keithk
Student
Options
Thanks for the update. I'll persevere but still struggling to stop sheets rolling into a knot. However the dryer balls do seem to help with other things. Thanka again.
0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Thanks @ContainerQueen, I'm glad you've found a solution. Hope it helps others too! 

0 Likes
James Flood
Apprentice
Options

Did you ever manage to resolve this issue? I'm having the same problem - a very expensive dryer which seems unable to dry duvet covers. Every time it rolls them into balls and doesn't dry. We've tried every setting available, we've dried the duvet cover on its own, we've dried them with other things to bulk out the drum more. It seems that double duvet covers always roll into a ball. 

Totally unacceptable for a machine costing close to £1,000.

andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

@James Flood wrote:

Did you ever manage to resolve this issue? I'm having the same problem - a very expensive dryer which seems unable to dry duvet covers. Every time it rolls them into balls and doesn't dry. We've tried every setting available, we've dried the duvet cover on its own, we've dried them with other things to bulk out the drum more. It seems that double duvet covers always roll into a ball. 

Totally unacceptable for a machine costing close to £1,000.

have you tried tossing in a few tumble dryer balls? and on an anti-crease programme .... even on a shirts cycle where the rotation of the drum is such so that it does not crease shirts? 
I am also shocked that you spent nearly a grand on just a Tumble Dryer!! 

0 Likes
James Flood
Apprentice
Options

We've tried every program setting, we've used tumble dryer balls - double duvet cover it always rolls into a tight ball.

It's an expensive machine but the cost case is based on far lower energy consumption - something which is completely wasted when having to dry the same load 3 times. The energy saving should mean the machine pays for itself in less than three years.