Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps not working

(Topic created on: 13-10-2017 03:01 PM)
dmilan
Journeyman
Options

Hi!

Since I got Galaxy S8 device (Android 7.0) I can not use my Samsung Smart Air Conditioner app (ver 1.2.81) in "out-of-home" mode. It just stop working and cannot connect via Samsung account. "In-home" function is working properly.

I have tried all restarting/installing/deinstalling option and still not working. I should mention that with older smart phone I have, with Android 6.0, app is working perfectly in in-home and out-of-home mode. Thats why I conclude that problem is in the app and not in the smart phone or smart air conditioner.

Local Samsung Customer Service is very unproffesional and they cant find solution and even don't try to listen!

Please help!

Kind regards,

Milan 

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
AntS
Options

Hi @dmilan.

Found the app listing on the Play Store here. Reviews on it suggest that you're not alone with having the "out-of-home" and Samsung Account login/connection issues. Unsure if you've done it, but it may be worth contacting that app's team by email at daapp@samsung.com in this instance.

0 Likes
dmilan
Journeyman
Options

Hi! I wrote them several mails but no one replies to me yet. Also, Samsung Customer Support in my country is obviously not interested in resolving this problem and they forced me to contact Samsung authorised air conditioner service (?!) witch is apsolutely stupid idea - air conditioner is working fine and service can't do anything with that! Problem is clearly with the app. So I'm still stucked with this problem. I'm very disappointed with this Samsung customer care and thier willingnes to solve problems with their premium products! 

0 Likes
AntS
Options
0 Likes
dmilan
Journeyman
Options

Serbia.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Have you registered the MAC address of your air conditioner on https://www.samsungsmartappliance.com/, and followed the steps there for authentication?

0 Likes
dmilan
Journeyman
Options

Yes I have. As I have mentioned the app is working on my older phone with Android 6.0

I have tried with several different smartphones and app is not working only with Galaxy S8 and S8+. 

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Thanks!

I've escalated this to see if there's anything we can do for you from here, and will keep you updated as and when I can.

0 Likes
dmilan
Journeyman
Options

Thanks!

0 Likes
dmilan
Journeyman
Options

Hi! Did you get some answer or information?

0 Likes