Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZFold4 - Samsung Should Recall

(Topic created on: 13-10-2023 09:47 PM)
Rafael Napoleo
First Poster
Options

In a quick search on the internet, instagram, facebook, tiktok, I was startled by the number of problems with the ZFOLD 4, the screen that opens has a hidden flaw that starts to bubble around 8 months and the consequence of this is the screen freezing with black lines and the impossibility of using the resource that is the great difference of the model and the brand, unfortunately for my misfortune I was another victim, in my case 2 months after the warranty expired as shown in the attached photos, however, I tried to follow the standard paths to resolve the case, because as a customer since the Galaxy S6 I have obtained all models and at no point did I think there would be a problem in changing my phone, as it was not broken or damaged by me in any way, just the fact of using the The difference between the phone mentioned Z FOLD 4 made it present the bubbles first and then the black lines as shown in the attached photos.
I want to show here my indignation at the attitude of the attendants, I even include the protocol number too, as they have no preparation and no idea to be able to really understand the real problem, this is a case of RECALL - very clear, as the problem is hidden.
This is my last attempt to resolve my case amicably, because as a defender of the brand for many years I will need to surrender to the fact of this case and the resolution process is not adequate to make me leave the brand and never return.
I'm a businessman and the model was a great facilitator for me in my daily life, but I can't see something that is beautiful but isn't even 1 year old and can't be used.
I hope that someone who has the appreciation I have for the brand comes back with a different stance and resolves the case with users who believed in the innovation of being able to have a foldable screen, but it cannot last 12 months or less.

WhatsApp Image 2023-10-13 at 4.27.16 PM (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-10-13 at 4.27.16 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-10-13 at 4.27.15 PM (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-10-13 at 4.27.15 PM.jpegf31b040e-d7c3-476f-b461-53e5a2463463 - Copy.jfifWhatsApp Image 2023-10-13 at 4.40.39 PM - Copy.jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-10-13 at 4.36.19 PM - Copy.jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-10-13 at 4.36.18 PM - Copy.jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-10-13 at 4.39.38 PM - Copy.jpeg

17 REPLIES 17
RonaldJogaib
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem with my Zold4, my cellphone didn't drop out, I just open de screen and the cellphone turn off.

My cell phone is in warranty but Samsung didn't repair and said that was bad used by mysel. Unbeliveble

0 Likes
Maribel2213
Student
Options

How to post my prob I don't know.

This zfold4 should be recalled. I used mine carefully- I was using the big screen at times with my program studies. Until there's bubble inside the screen protector that I didn't mind because I NEVER THOUGHT that it will be the start of a BS cellphone for just a nearly 14mos old use. I wished i listen to my husband not to change from IPHONE to this JUNK SAMSUNG ZFOLD4! I AM SUPER UPSET HERE. Holding this heavy phone with non-usable big screen inside and now am using the tiny outside screen. 

I still have the original inside screen protector that is now peeling - and it does made the screen awful black. This is a gross misrepresentation of the product. Samsung didn't tell the consumer that a single bubble that later on the it would be slowly detaching and  would cause a screen to be in a state of what they said as SAMSUNG BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH.

I need a replace of this zfold4 that I am still paying!!!

0 Likes
Maribel2213
Student
Options

The design of the screen protector of the inside bigger screen- indeed is faulty!  It messes up the screen when it loosens. I still have my original screen protector  should this phone be recalled I can attest to it the design again has something to do with the screen of black death of ZFold4 - I wish there's A LAWYER  who had an experience like what most of the people here. AND THIS IS A SENSATIONAL RECALL CASE. But, mostly of lawyers are into Apple's IPHONE

0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It is highly unlikely that Samsung will recall the Fold 4 (or any other Fold released to date).

If you truly believe a design defect, you'll need to liaise with a solicitor or try to get a refund (the latter is unlikely unless you paid by CREDIT card in which case you can try a Section 75 Claim through your bank).

I wish you well on this.
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Totally agree@Obsydian

I would like a foldable but wouldn't touch Samsung due to quality issues.

Same reason I won't buy a Samsung TV.
0 Likes
CesarElqat
First Poster
Options

Hi Rafael,  I´m Cesar and this is my story with the same problem in my Samsung Fold 4: 

Terrible technical service from Samsung for Z Fold 4 with a damaged screen.

Here's the story, when I opened my Samsung Z Fold 4 phone, I heard a "crack" and a black line appeared along the middle of the screen. I could still see what was on the screen but I couldn't do anything because touch wasn't working. I took the phone to the Samsung service center and as soon as the technician saw it, he told me that it wasn't covered by warranty. I told him that all I did was open it and that he could check it because the phone was in perfect condition otherwise, without any other damage. I told him that this is not the first foldable phone I have and that I know how to use it (I said this because of the way the Samsung technician was implying that it was my fault). I mentioned that this issue is common and he can search on the internet for comments about it.

He replied that they are instructed not to cover this issue under warranty, but if I wanted to, I could leave it there and they would send it for evaluation (which would take approximately 10 business days for a response), but he emphasized that Samsung would not accept it under warranty. He also asked for the phone's receipt to check if it's still under warranty. I asked why they need the receipt when they can check if it's under warranty with the phone's serial number, and he said it's a "requirement" from Samsung. In the end, I decided not to leave it there, especially because it would be a long time without my phone and I need it for accessing my bank accounts.

Since before 2010, I have been a Samsung customer. Every year I change my phone (back then they looked more like a BlackBerry than a current phone) and since then I had already heard about the terrible service from Samsung service centers (over the phone and in person) towards customers, but I hadn't experienced it myself because I hadn't needed to go with my previous Samsung phones. My previous phone was a Z Fold 3, and the protective screen on the inner part started to come off. I took it to the service center and got the same story: "I had to leave it, that part most likely wasn't covered by warranty, I needed the original receipt, and it would incur a cost." In summary, although I was willing to pay for the repair, I didn't leave it that time because it wasn't urgent (the screen was working fine, it was just an aesthetic issue), and Samsung's service center took too long to have it ready (they told me it would take approximately 3 weeks). I had a trip the following week to Buenos Aires, Argentina, and on my last day there, I passed by a Samsung service center. I thought, "Well, I have nothing to lose." Anyway, in Mexico, I planned to pay for the screen replacement. I went to the service center, and they were very kind. They checked my phone and told me they would repair it. They asked me to come back in "20 minutes," so I did, and they gave me back my phone. I asked where I needed to pay, and they said there was no charge because my phone was still under warranty (I didn't have the receipt or proof of purchase with me, but this phone was also in excellent condition). They showed me a document on the screen stating that there is a two-year warranty.

How is it possible for Samsung to have different warranty policies for their phones, or is it just Samsung Mexico trying to make extra profit by denying warranties for defective devices? I believe it's one of the most expensive phones in the market, and it's not fair to receive this kind of service.

Regards

Cesar Villalobos

0 Likes
niederb
First Poster
Options

Both mine and my girlfriend's Z Fold 4 have done the same thing.  Lasted 13 months (just out of warranty).  She looked into getting hers fixed and they said $599.  Definitely a flawed design.  They should totally do a recall on this POS.  Also definitely not "upgrading" to a Z Fold 5.

Members_f5gukVa
First Poster
Options

Mine has done the same thing it's from EE 3 months old. EE Refuse to repair it because it has a tiny scratch on the side (they want £500 because of that). I will NEVER again buy a Samsung phone. It started with the WIFI stopping working then yesterday I opened the phone and got the same thing as the photos above.

I now have a phone that i can use the front screen on and there is no wifi, I am paying £100 a month for this. I had a z fold 3 which was fine. I have autism and I just can't deal with it. I'm cancelling all my accounts with EE when the contracts run out.

I am in the UK. 

0 Likes