Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Fold 5 Software Updates

(Topic created on: 26-02-2024 03:44 PM)
mrbillions
First Poster
Options

Hello, I am using a zFold 5 which I bought and shipped from china to Nigeria last year December but I am yet to receive a software update  on my phone not even a security patch update. The last update on my phone is One UI 5.1 and my security patch was September please someone help me out.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
mrbillions
First Poster
Options

Hello, I am using a zFold 5 which I bought and shipped from china to Nigeria last year December but I am yet to receive a software update  on my phone not even a security patch update. The last update on my phone is One UI 5.1 and my security patch was September please someone help me out.

0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You are better off writing your own post on this rather than answer this post.
Because the phone is from a different region, it won't get the updates at another place.
Try connecting to a computer and using smartswitch to get updates to your phone.
For an exact procedure on how to do this, you will have to post your own thread on the forum
0 Likes
StephK1
Options

Hey there, @mrbillions! As mentioned by @Glenntech, the reason you aren't receiving updates is due to your phone no longer being in the region it was purchased in, as these are distributed via regional Network carriers. It is always recommended to purchase phones from the region you reside in, as along with the inability to receive software updates, you may be unable to access some regional features or warranty support, due to regional warranty and differences in specifications. You can give Smart Switch a try, but there's no guarantee it will be successful, unfortunately. You can check out more about Smart Switch here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/apps/smart-switch/ 

mrbillions
First Poster
Options

Thank you so much for your feedback @StephK1 But can you please educate me on how to use smart switch and give it a try. 

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

As you've imported the phone from one country to another your reliant on the country of origin to send out the update @mrbillions 

Try Samsung Smartswitch. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-update-latest-software-for-your-galaxy-mobi... 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate to ask.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

AndrewL
Options

@mrbillions: To begin with, please follow the link below, and click on 'How Do I Get Smart Switch On My PC or Mac' to download the relevant version

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-backup-my-smartphone-to-my-pc-or-mac/

Once installed, open Smart Switch, connect your Z Fold5 using the USB cable that came packaged with the device, and look for an update prompt on the landing page, next to your device details.

mrbillions
First Poster
Options

Hello @AndrewL I did as you instructed but there was no update prompt on thr smart switch page, I did check my device information and it was up to date also did so on my software update option in my phone settings same thing. What do I do? Please help me out 

0 Likes