Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z fold 5 and new FB UI.

(Topic created on: 13-04-2024 02:33 PM)
Note_Nine_User
Journeyman
Options
Opened FB on my fold 5 this morning and saw that the menu / navigation bar was down the side rather than across the top as it was previously.

As users of a Z fold phone will know, the front screen is narrow enough as it is but this new FB UI just squeezes the view even more to the point that using FB on the front screen is impossible. 

I've googled it and gone through all the settings but can't find any way of moving it back. 

Has anyone else encountered this and does anyone know if it is possible to move the bar back to the top?

Thanks in advance. 
29 REPLIES 29
Davoren
First Poster
Options

Another temporary solution is to switch the Facebook app from light mode to dark mode, or vice versa. Also, if you manage a page, you can switch to that profile and back to fix the issue temporarily. Of course, it will re-occur once you close out the app completely, but it is an additional option until Meta rolls the update back or fixes the bug.

0 Likes
Southwest Michigan
First Poster
Options

I uninstalled the app and I just sign in on facebook.com.  it's easy cuz it saves your username and password and Facebook is normal. Also another thing that works is to install Facebook lite. It works too but I still prefer just signing in on Facebook. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

For those affected by this issue, please try opening Facebook > Tap the 3 horizontal lines > Settings & privacy > Settings > Navigation bar > Customise the bar, and check to see if you're able to adjust the position from here. 

0 Likes
Note_Nine_User
Journeyman
Options
Yeah tried that. It only allows you to pin or hide items on the bar. It does not allow you to adjust the position.
0 Likes
Members_qmsCGli
First Poster
Options

Use Facebook beta apk or beta program in Googel Store aktivate

No Problem

0 Likes
flum
Student
Options

I have the same  problem 

0 Likes
Cjsellers32
Student
Options

I just uninstalled the FB app and installed FB Lite. Same thing, kinda and it'll work until the FB app itself gets sorted. 

0 Likes
Members_70OwtW4
First Poster
Options

Hi guys the best way to resolve this issue is to delete FB app then reset your phone and reinstall FB . This will fix the issue . It worked for me on my Z4 . 

0 Likes
PineappleFarmer
First Poster
Options

I just uninstall FB and download an old version FB apk. I choose a version of February and install it. I close the auto updating function on Google Play. Don't update till it is fixed.

0 Likes
Toni Natawiria
First Poster
Options

Other issue with FB app is that they provide space for content only for so much so if you have long text content, it can only show 7 rows or so. Perhaps we need to revert to internet browser to access FB. 

0 Likes