Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Fold 4 WiFi Issues help ?

(Topic created on: 11-01-2023 06:24 AM)
foxi123
First Poster
Options

I have recently changed my phone to the z fold 4 from the note 20 ultra and I have noticed that the WiFi signal is always dropping out and coming to a crawl whenever I change rooms at home or go upstairs. I have fairly good Internet speeds and have tried my old phone and also a Samsung tablet and they both work fine in different rooms. Does anyone have this problem and could possibly help would be great!

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I did have an issue albeit not with my Fold³ phone @foxi123 

The avenues I tried was to forget the network in the phone, and then split the Home Broadband Routers frequency to 2.4ghz and 5ghz and named them so I knew which was which and then reset up the connection in the phone to one and then the other to see which was best.

2.4ghz was best as this provides a bigger cover area.

Changing the wireless channel in the router can help and turning off any smart setting can help.

Over the years I've also found some phone's can hang on better to Wi-Fi connection and can switch from Wi-Fi to Mobile Data Connection more seamlessly than others  !

You could also clear the cache in your Wi-Fi section via Settings, Apps, Wi-Fi, Storage and clear cache to see if that helps.

There is a diagnostic test tool in your Samsung Members app.

A Samsung Service Centre can take a look at the phone.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
lolm
First Poster
Options
After a year of working fine, the WiFi on my Fold 4 just won't turn on. I click the WiFi symbol on the phone and it Grey's, then goes back to 'off'. I tried the diagnostic tool, but that requires WiFi to be turned on and my WiFi will not turn on. I looked for WiFi in the apps tab in settings, but there's nothing there.
0 Likes
Virs
Apprentice
Options

same problem here , were you ever able to get WIFI to toggle back again please?

0 Likes
lolm
First Poster
Options
No, I had to have the screen replaced. It's a fault in the phone. There's a wire that connects the WiFi radio. If it breaks, the whole screen has to be replaced.
0 Likes