Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Fold 4 Inner Screen Failure

(Topic created on: 20-02-2024 04:22 PM)
giangvann
First Poster
Options

For no apparent reason, my inner screen has failed.  The outer screen and the phone still works, but the inner screen is just blank.  I can feel the touch panel still working on the inner.  I am 6 months out of warranty.  I was told I have the option to trade it in at significantly reduced value or repair it for $600+. 

Has Samsung done anything to resolve this? Is this just a situation where I've lost as a consumer trying out new technology?  I had hoped that being 4th gen this would be resolved. 

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Unfortunately technology involving hardware and software can and will fail 😕  @giangvann 

Your phone is an expensive model to repair. 

In the UK Samsung apply a 24 month Manufacturing Warranty but does not cover accidental damage. 

I see you've used the $ so your consumer rights maybe different than that of the UK. 

There is Samsung Care+ that can be purchased within a titimeframe that does cover accidental damage, and extends the warranty period. 

Can you check any other relevant Insurance such as Home Contents Insurance, and or some Bank Accounts provide cover as a perk of the account. 

Or the only other viable routes are the options provided by your Samsung Department you've already spoken with. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate to ask.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes