Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Fold 3 internal screen green lines

(Topic created on: 23-02-2022 10:35 AM)
Members_PvrBYS2
Student
Options

Hi everyone,

I have a Z Fold 3 that has developed some green lines on the internal screen.

There is no damage on the device, no cracks, splits, water damage, burn in, bleeding or anything else.

Samsung are saying that its not covered under warranty due to impact damage? The phone hasnt been subject to any impacts and there are no marks on the device.

I'm annoyed that the phone is 4 months old and cost £1600 and Samsung wont help with the issue apart from charge over £400 for a new screen.

Has anyone else had a similar problem with their Z Fold 3? What was your solution? TIA

14 REPLIES 14
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Mine has been fine apart from the factory fitted screen protector coming away.

I assume there's no marks on your phone that coukd lead to an impact damage response @Members_PvrBYS2 

You coukd ask Samsung to look at your phone again for a 2nd opinion.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Members_PvrBYS2
Student
Options

No marks at all beyond normal wear and tear. It lives in the case sat on my desk, no dents or scratches etc.

I did ask Samsung to send it to a different repair centre to get a 3rd parties opinion, they assured me that is what would happen. Surprise surprise they sent it back to the same company that did the first inspection. Who then gave me a different reason as to why it was not covered under warranty. They also didnt remove any of the screen protectors to inspect the screen itself. 

The screen protector on the internal screen has developed a split up the fold and this appears to be quite common and Samsung dont seem interested in doing anything about that either.

Shocking treatment from Samsung in my opinion.

0 Likes
Sanjay07kumar
Journeyman
Options

Exactly same issue with my flip 3.. they won't look into ur mobile.. they will simply reject warranty.. 

Such a worst service from smasung. We should not buy these low quality product with poor service

0 Likes
Members_u4mpuac
First Poster
Options

I have this too my front internal not working Samsung Croydon saying there is a green line but I see nothing on pictures. Asked for £115

0 Likes
Dave007boi
First Poster
Options
I also have this on the internal screen.... no damage an a single pixel line horizontal at the bottom of my screen.....evidently a tec fault....another thing that the will be prosecute later for no doubt 😉
0 Likes
Beshark
Journeyman
Options

I have exactly the same problem as you, I'm in France, a horizontal green line on the internal screen, sending it to Samsung in a "CEAT" centre tells me that I have to pay 430€. The Care+ warranty is not eligible for this kind of problem... I don't know what to do, have you received any news since? Have you solved the problem?

0 Likes
ConnerMac92
First Poster
Options

Hi,my z flip 3 randomly has a little black dot on right hand side next to the fold,about 1 millimetre by 1 millimetre and when I fully fold my phone a green line comes out the dot and runs right up my screen,Samsung said to do a factory reset but problem still exists,looks like a common problem,what was your outcome to this?

0 Likes
Ravin Agrawal
Journeyman
Options

Hi,
I have the same problem. Jackys Abu Dhabi sold me a Samsung Z-flip phone in October 2021. The product was backed by a one-year manufacturer's warranty.
During normal use of the product, I noticed a long green line on the phone's screen while it was charging. Because the product was still under warranty, I took it to a Samsung service center for repair, only to be told that the warranty had been voided because the phone had minor scratches on its surface.
I was taken aback after hearing the Samsung service staff's justification for voiding the warranty. As normal wear and tear, any product, particularly a phone, will attract normal scratches while kept in a pocket, on a table, or in a purse. The manufacturer failed to inform me that if the product was scratched as a result of normal wear and tear during the warranty period, the warranty would be voided.
Despite my polite protest, the service staff mocked the fact that Samsung would not honor its warranty commitment and that I was free to pursue legal remedies, which would be futile. On the service order sheet, the representatives at the Samsung service center noted scratches as the reason for the warranty being voided.
This incident has instilled the belief that a multinational corporation such as Samsung willfully defrauds consumers and has little to no regard for consumer rights and the law of the land.
As a regular law-abiding citizen, I understand that I cannot force a mega-corporation like Samsung to honor its commitment, but I find it unjust to have to pay for repairs on an expensive phone due to a manufacturing defect.FWg2xetXgAUjNky.jpgFWg2xerXEAAsULH.jpgIMG-8147.jpgIMG-8149.jpgIMG-8152.jpg

0 Likes
AngelAshton
First Poster
Options

I had the same happen to me.  I have a Z Fold 3 and it didn't have a single scratch on the screen, stayed in the case and had a screen protector. They said my warranty was void and that It wasn't covered. After asking different warranty personnel to explain to me how I could have caused a green line inside the phone. They eventually agreed to fix it and put the warranty back in effect. Guess what? We have only had the phone back for a month and the green line is back.

0 Likes