Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Z Fold 3 and 4 update from One UI 5.0 to 5.1 Wi-Fi issue

(Topic created on: 05-05-2023 08:34 AM)
maz3_boy
Explorer
Options

Z Fold 3 using from Hong Kong, with same issue, after update One Ui 5.0 to 5.1 and the phone restart it could not go on Wi-Fi. Tried "General Management" "Reset" "Reset network settings" did not work, tried "Factory Reset" and did not resolve it.
Brought it in to service center and they told me the Wi-Fi module is damage and need to change it, but because its link to the LCD it will need to be change as well (repair cost 4200hk$ 535US$) after 2 day back and forward they told me they give me 50% off the repair cost, as I did not want to wait anymore I paid for the new quotation and now waiting for my phone to get repaired because I press update 5.0 to 5.1 lol.

I have currently find around 10-15 case that involve Z Fold phone and One UI 5.1 – Wi-Fi problem. Please Reply post if you have this issue. Thanks in Advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
upsetcustomer22
Student
Options
After a lot of phone calls with samsung and a chat with them in store. They finally repaired the phone for free.

The guy on the phone alluded to the fact that samsung is aware if the issue but the store wouldnt make any such admissions.

View solution in context

35 REPLIES 35
Abdulmohsen
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue with wifi after the update 

Astroprojector
Student
Options

Just updated my Z Fold4, no longer can connect to WIFI on my home network.

Zatsuma
Student
Options

There are a lot of complaints about the One UI April Security patches messing up the ability to use WIfi & Bluetooth. Personally mine was killed after restart of the F926USQU3FWD1 build update for Z fold 3 series SM-F926U on April 28th. Even their preferred Samsung repair centers cant find the issue or fix it. Samsung has my phone currently under repair (out of warranty of course). Ill update as I get a final repair status. 

Pixiegoth
First Poster
Options
Same problem here open the screen and WiFi goes off Bluetooth off phone switches off. As soon as I can I'm going back to a Samsung galaxy s23
StrongHand
Apprentice
Options

Hi same problem/issue started yesterday after UI 5.1 update. My fold 3 wifi won't ON until. My location is Singapore. My samsung A51 is working properly without issue at all. 

PaulHKSnake
First Poster
Options
Same problem wont be buyjng samsung agaun my phone is only 12mo old
answer316
Apprentice
Options

I am from Hong Kong, owner of z fold 3 for almost 2 years, unlucily got the same issue as everyone here, phone is becoming not able to use normally now..........hope Samsung can provide fix or update to solve this issue as soon as possible.

upsetcustomer22
Student
Options
Same problem. This is clearly linked to this update. Your phone will gradually get worst in the following stages: First the wifi didnt work. Then it would turn the phone off if opened inner screen. Then inner screen wouldn't turn on at all. Then both screens dont turn on, It's just a grey fuzzy screen, completely unusable. 20230701_225605_15460_1688248565.jpg
LizL73
First Poster
Options

Same issue here - it won't connect to my home WiFi, the mobile network connection is patchy and slow. Additionally, other things no longer work including being able to unfold the device and have the content transfer onto the folded out screen (I have to close it, open the screen, and THEN open the app I want). Auto rotate is no longer working, and the sound no longer works on most but not all apps. None of the fixes I have tried so far have worked, or have only partially helped.