Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Fold 2 One UI 3.0 Chat Bubbles Not Working

(Topic created on: 18-01-2021 08:31 PM)
MoKhanXG
First Poster
Options

Just got the stable update of one UI 3.0 on my Z Fold 2 and been looking forward to the chat bubbles feature but doesn't seem to work. Looking online people say an icon should appear next to the message to turn it into a bubble, this icon does not appear. Chat bubbles is turned on in notification settings. Any help or suggestions please. Thank you!

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Mekerz
Explorer
Options
I was playing around with this the other day and I noticed you need to turn it on in both the main settings application (like you have) and also need to enable it in the Messages app settings too. I think, but not entirely sure, that the setting within the Messages app only appears if you have the chat bubbles function enabled in the main settings application. Couldn't get it to work with WhatsApp, I think WA settings said it wasn't supported by my phone which is weird as I was on One UI 3.0. Not that WhatsApp matters anymore as I deleted my account and the app.

Oh and this annoys me with Samsung - there's far too many settings, it's a minefield getting things like chat bubbles enabled because there's multiple options that work against each other. Samsung - phones should have easy to use UIs with options that are intuitive. If your users have to ask for support to enable features then you're failing with your UI design.
0 Likes
MoKhanXG
First Poster
Options
Was looking mainly for WhatsApp 😂 but yep same issue here saying it's not supported, Samsung really need to get things in order, £1800 for a phone and it doesn't have the features that should be working on it 🤦🏽‍♂️
0 Likes