Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Flip 4 screen protector

(Topic created on: 15-06-2023 07:55 AM)
fox00
Student
Options

I am assuming the bubbling and cracking of the screen protector on my phone is a known issue with this model based on what I have already seen online, which is disappointing as this is my first Android phone after only using iPhone.

My issue is that getting support from Samsung is like trying to get through a maze. Even their website send you in loops.

In this day and age my only option is to send my phone away as the nearest onsite repair shop is 100 miles away which is ridiculous.

My questions:

1. Do I even need the screen protector?

2. Any solutions so that I do not need to send my phone away for who-knows-how-long?

Thank you kindly!

3 REPLIES 3
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I would say a screen protector is needed. I wouldn't chance using without one myself. They do sell them, Whitestone dome do one. You will need to feel confident enough to install it yourself. If not I would go the Samsung route.
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Other recommendation was Whitedome protector off Amazon, which I now prefer over Spigen.

When our ZFlip3 protector failed i was told take the Samsung store, but they may need to wipe the device, I just DIY it.

So far our ZFold4 and ZFLIP4 are surviving.

That said logging into the members home screen to see a Fold, Flip care guide just drives home these devices are inferior to slabs and either Samsung need to improve the quality, repair or give up.

I went with the upgrade program for the ZFold4, so will continue with the ZFold5, but having to use a device so gingerly is a let down.
REGARDS, OBSYDIAN - Car & Tech Evangelist / 2 decades of Samsung Ownership
DAILY: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Buds Pro2, 20,000 Power bank, Smart Tags
OFFICE: Book2 Pro i7 [Laptop], M70A 32” [Monitor], Samsung Level [Speaker]
GAMING: M70A 43” [Monitor], Book2 Pro i5, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptops]
FAMILY: ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S7 Plus, Buds Pro2
SPARE: Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], ZFlip3
AV: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears],
KITCHEN: MC32K7055 [Microwave], S65DG54M3B1 [Fridge] Jet 75 (Vacuum)
NON-SAMSUNG: iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2, Phone 12
0 Likes
SDCDF
First Poster
Options
Flip4 needs the screen cover and phone case. Because if it falls then that's it. Destroyed in seconds. While if you do have this 2 things, your phone is protected.
0 Likes