Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Flip 3 Screen Cracked along fold!!

(Topic created on: 01-12-2021 11:09 AM)
Reynolds88
Apprentice
Options

Screenshot_20211201-215556_Gallery.jpg

I was so stoked about my new Z 3 flip. Thought it was the best phone I've ever had!! Woke up one morning to the above. This is not a photo of my phone as I couldn't take a photo of it as I had no other cameras around. So it was quite easy to typing "Samsung Z Flip 3 Screen problems" and have countless pictures of my exact problem of my phone. Right down to the tinny cracks you can see on the screen. The phone is 28days old, I have tiny scuff mark up the top, from before I got my cover. Now Samsung are saying this is physical damage done by me. I swear on my children's lives I never dropped my phone!! That want charge me $410 and take $110 of as good will!! I would happily pay that if I had done the damage!! There is a major fault in my phone. Articles and pictures as soon as you type into Google. It's the exact damage I have on every photo. If the phone was dropped then how is countless people have dropped to cause the exact same damage. There is a fault in my phone and Samsung aren't taking responsibility!!

163 REPLIES 163
Members_CX0OwXv
First Poster
Options

it's a con, they said the same thing to me, my DENTS are small scratches. I sent it in and they've returned it with the screen protector removed. 

0 Likes
stinkysox
Journeyman
Options

Surprisingly, they have done the same to me! And the best thing is, when I sent it second time, they told that I have done it myself and they cannot accept it!

Really only way is to contact the youtubers, please send emails as many as you can.

Pulkit16
First Poster
Options

Hello, I have also faced the same issue. However for me its just 7 days old device. The screen is cracked along the display. 

One of the service centers said that it is physical damage, I am shocked how could they just reply even there is not a single scratch and the original screen guard was intact without any scratches.

Hope I get proper solution from Samsung and new device replacement. Although I will hesitate to choose Samsung's fold phones in future. 

luishg
First Poster
Options

Same here, deep screen damages after 13 months. Waiting for their response.

0 Likes
lucatlu
Student
Options

so I have the Z Flip3 5G & just today as I folded it ,the phone started flashing green at t5he bottom screen,and became unresponsive.I can only do a soft reset. I also noticed it has a crease in the middle and the plastic looks like its lifting as i can see a small bubble appearing. It wont resond to anything,and flickers green to orange when settled. I spent ages online to Samsung live,no its not damaged,exposed to stuff etc etc, it worked perfect this morning! but the crease had been appearing a while now, bought in Nov 21 its not old. They are sending dpd to collect it fr repairs on Tues. My question after reading all this is I will not be happy to pay for their faulty phone. Will they just send it back unrepaired,I paid £800 for the thing.

0 Likes
hue
First Poster
Options

yup mine has the exact same crack.  I bought it only in nov 21 also.  The extortion is unbelievable.  If I won't pay $515 for it to be repaired they will charge me a $65 inspection fee on top.  Taking this to fair trading for sure but I have to pay it as I need use of the phone.  Been an android user since galaxy s1 but I'm seriously considering testing out the iphone waters.

0 Likes
Washinga
First Poster
Options

Samsung is doing the same to me.  I have the zflip 3 5g and have only had it for 6 months.  They tried to say I damaged the screen instead of taking accountability that their foldable screens have problems.  They won't uphold their manufacturer warranty.

planetmike
Explorer
Options

Any attorneys here?

There needs to be class action lawsuit.

0 Likes
lucatlu
Student
Options

yes i jus got the repair bill for impact damage apparently,£300 nearly,So i told anyone in an email,theres not a chance il pay,i took pics b4 ,theres not even a scratch on my phones,that screen plastic has been lifting with use for some time, and they had the audacity to send me a pic with a red circle on the crease when i asked for proof. i had no clue my phone would go berserk because it was creasing, Never buy another  phone  from Samsung. They are sendin back tomorrow unrepaired, they do not care!

0 Likes
hue
First Poster
Options

Class action is definitely in order here.  The crack is exactly where the phone folds.  There's no denying that the screen doesn't meet the purpose of the flip phone.  WOuldn't be hard to convince the jury their lamass excuses for not repairing it (I was told a small dent on the other side caused it)

0 Likes