Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z flip 3 phone with black line across screen at fold/crease of screen and top half of screen is unresponsive and phone is new

(Topic created on: 11-04-2022 08:43 PM)
MommaX4
First Poster
Options

I just bought the z flip 3 phone for ny daughter thru best buy not even 2 months ago and she just brought phone to me crying bc there is a black line across screen at crease and now the top part of screen isn't responsive at all. She didn't do anything for this to be caused. Before I handed her this phone for making honor roll all year I made sure she had the phone in a case built for this kind of phone I bought same day at best buy that I bought this phone. So it was in case b4 I even gave her this phone as a gift. There hasn't been cold weather for this to happen to the screen and ny daughter did not drop this phone or anything. She opened it and all of a sudden there is a black line across phone in the crease out of no where. And bc top half isn't responsive I can't even search for updates or anything bc she can only use bottom screen at moment.  When I bought phone, I also bought case and insurance thru best buy all at same time and phone was totally protected before I even gave it to her. She hasn't even had phone barely a Lil over a month when this just happened out of no where.. is there not a fix to this? Does anyone know if best buy will offer a replacement considering I still have receipt for buy and bought insurance all in same day as well as a case so this phone would be protected completely?  Why is this happening? Is there not a fix at all? 

28 REPLIES 28
fab132
Student
Options
Same with mine. Out of nowhere a white line that turned black and frozen top screen. The charging port broke out of nowhere previously. This zflip 3 is truly awful and the biggest waste of money.
0 Likes
coley78
First Poster
Options
I have had mine a year and mine has done the same. I don't have any insurance I don't know what to do I still have a contract with ee but because I don't have insurance. I will never have a Samsung flip ever again I have had problems after problems with it.. I cant access nothing on the top half of the screen. Does anyone know if this can be removed..
Options

Yes, this is exactly the same problem I have, it appeared out of nowhere 😞

0 Likes
sirGnano
Student
Options

Same issue and Samsung chooses to not stand behind their product. 

Options

I had this problem in Canada - My phone was about 1 year old - Samsung was quick to respond.  Got the phone fixed within 1 week, you should contact your local samsung chat support.  Many countries should have a specialized phone line for the flip phone.   This is probably a known issue and they just replaced my screen with a new (and hopefully better one that doesn't suffer from this issue).

0 Likes
Unhappy mom
First Poster
Options

This just happened to my daughter as well.  She doesn't have the thick black line, but the top part of the phone is randomly doing things on its own like it has pressure being applied. 

0 Likes
CS2023
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. The phone is less than 1 year old. I bought it from South Korea. Now I'm in London so I can't get any customer support unless I fly out to South Korea.  As the black line on the crease is spreading out to the bottom part, it's almost impossible to use the phone.  I was treated like a ping pong ball between the South Korea and UK customer services.  Very disappointing.  

0 Likes
tam319
First Poster
Options

Do you happen to have the Canadian number? I have the exact same issue and all of the chat bots and text channels are full so i've resorted to talking to their twitter rep but that's for the US division.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@tam319: If you would like to speak directly with Samsung Support in Canada then please follow the link below, and scroll down to 'Contact info > Call support > Call now' to find the relevant details.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/

0 Likes
MSJ7
First Poster
Options

Hello, The same thing happened to me two days ago. I just wanted to ask you what you did after this happened or if u got  any reply for your questions

0 Likes