Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Flip 3 main screen malfunctioning - bug?

(Topic created on: 29-09-2021 04:25 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I've had my Z flip 3 for about three weeks now and I've encountered a strange bug, or i hope it's a bug. Main screen will sometimes malfunction while you either open or close the handset. Less of a problem when closed, but if the malfunctioning happens while opening. Screen won't turn on until you close the phone again or just wait it out for it to"refresh"? I've already got a replacement (i hope so...), which has the exact same problem as the first. Some good answers? 

0 Likes
74 REPLIES 74
biavela
Apprentice
Options

Thank you so much! this solved the issue for me. I disabled Meta Services, Meta App Installer, and Meta App Manager, and the issues are completely goneI don't have Facebook installed on my phone but use Instagram and WhatsApp and there has been no problem with those apps.

0 Likes
Jimbo160278
First Poster
Options

Hi, I've had the same problem for a few months now and tried all ways to rectify.  What I did find was when the handset was on charge the screen would always turn on when opened but never when on battery.  This led me to a software issue rather than hardware, the sensors wouldn't alter via charge i.e. the proximity or g-sensor.  I've tried removing apps, isolating settings but finally came up with a workaround that has lasted.

I put the phone into recovery mode.

When in recovery I wiped the cache, ran a graphics test( which came up with an error, not sure if this is related) and repaired the apps then rebooted.  This rectified the issue, for good measure I then repeated the process a further few times and haven't had the black screen when opening issue since.

Might be worth a try.

0 Likes
Smurfett
First Poster
Options
My apps on phone keeps flickering and freezing its innoying
0 Likes
mtimbone
Journeyman
Options

Smurfett, if you have a software issue, it might be corrected by backing up your phone, and resetting the phone back to factory default and reinstall everything.  If it is a hardware issue, you most likely would need a new screen.   If you are in the United States and the phone is less than one year old you might be able to convince Samsung and or Asurian/UbreakiFix to fix it for free.

0 Likes
Main Screen Malfunti
First Poster
Options

I have had a similar issue.  I am very disappointed with Samsung as well as my carrier and feel short changed for a $1000 phone that I paid for outright and have received little to no assistance with. 

When the problem was first noticed I took the phone to the carrier, carrier instructed me to go to BestBuy for repairs and issues.  Went to BestBuy and they could not understand why I was sent to them "your carrier knows that we do not work on this phone".  Returned to carrier, sales person insisted that I added the screen protector and that was the problem, she didn't believe that the phone came this way, she also tried to have me complete an insurance claim (but this phone has not been damaged. Carrier then sends me to Samsung, Samsung says to take it to an authorized dealer and if they're unable to fix it they will replace the phone, the authorized dealer says that it's a motherboard issue and to have Samsung replace the phone, back to Samsung I went "Oh we have a repair for motherboard issues please send the phone in.  But you said that you would replace the phone if dealer is unable to repair.  Not for this issue.  How long will it take 7-10 days.  But i cannot be without a phone for 7-10 days. 

Unable to do this I have suffered through important missed  calls because my screen wouldn't open up quick enough, because it blacks out each time it's opened.  in cases of emergency I cannot open the phone quick enough to call to report anything because of having to open and close the phone several times in order to dial out.  

How can we spend this amount of money for an expensive equipment and service  and be treated with such indifference, and lack of true CUSTOMER SERVICE with no solution for costumers that just want to affectively use our phones?

My husband has begged me to switch to an iphone and i have refused for years.  As soon as I am able I will be switching to an iphone. But until then I sit like a fool opening and closing my phone several times searching for a connected screen.  

0 Likes