Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Flip 3 main screen malfunctioning - bug?

(Topic created on: 29-09-2021 04:25 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I've had my Z flip 3 for about three weeks now and I've encountered a strange bug, or i hope it's a bug. Main screen will sometimes malfunction while you either open or close the handset. Less of a problem when closed, but if the malfunctioning happens while opening. Screen won't turn on until you close the phone again or just wait it out for it to"refresh"? I've already got a replacement (i hope so...), which has the exact same problem as the first. Some good answers? 

0 Likes
74 REPLIES 74
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Video of problem

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

As a start put it in Safe Mode to see what happens then @Anonymous User 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I've tested everything suggested on Samsung.com. Safe mode doesn't seem to affect anything. Like I've said I've got a replacement unit and the same problem is on that one as well. It's frankly annoying, because I'm afraid it might just might. Damage the screen? I work retail so i do have some experience with troubleshooting. Yet I'm unable to do anything... 

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The nest step would be a Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre @Anonymous User 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

AntS
Options

Cheers BandOfBrothers! 😎

@Anonymous User , To get some more context on this: Which country are you based in; and which retailer/network did you get your devices from?

And are you able to send (or have sent) an error report with an accurate title, good description, and log files via the Members app as soon as you can after the issue happens? If so, that should give the software team some info to analyse and figure out what's going on in this case.

How to send error reports:

Samsung Members > Get Help > Send Feedback > Error Reports > [select error type] > attach a description and tick ‘send system log data’ > Send.

(Or: Long-press the Samsung Members icon on the Apps screen, and select Error reports from the dropdown menu, etc.)

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I will try. But i dont know if this will even be possible because the screen is inactive under those circumstances. I don't think the log will show. But like i said i will try. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I'm based in Norway. Telenor is my vendor

Redzaku
Apprentice
Options

Im literally having the same problems like you, but i went to center to check they said its not a hardware problem, mine started from October update.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I've been contacted by Samsung for about a month and a half now,  and yet they have not come back with an answer. Luckily the problem "seems" to have either solved itself. Or after updates. I've allready received 2 software updates, and 3 AOD updates. So might actually be a bug. But would be nice if samsung came back with an explanation with the video and data i sent them.