Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Flip 3 main screen malfunctioning - bug?

(Topic created on: 29-09-2021 04:25 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I've had my Z flip 3 for about three weeks now and I've encountered a strange bug, or i hope it's a bug. Main screen will sometimes malfunction while you either open or close the handset. Less of a problem when closed, but if the malfunctioning happens while opening. Screen won't turn on until you close the phone again or just wait it out for it to"refresh"? I've already got a replacement (i hope so...), which has the exact same problem as the first. Some good answers? 

0 Likes
74 REPLIES 74
dyerfire999
Student
Options
Rewind ......... Rewind!!!!!!!
I like yourself have encountered problems with the Z Flip 3 and so wish i stayed with the Z Fold 3 now.

Having had to send my Z Flip3 back about 6 weeks now as Samsung offered to replace the phone, no questions asked as i reported the over heating issue within 28 days of purchase.
As mentioned i sent this back over 6wks now and still have not received my guaranteed replacement from Samsung. Whats even more annoying is Samsung say "sorry old customer we currently have no stock of your phone as soon as we have them in stock we will send out the replacement" but when you order exactly what the replacement is from Samsung, you get delivery the following as a NEW CUSTOMER. Ive raised this with Samsung as i ordered another one on the day they told me there was no stock and as i say it arrived the following day. So the conclusion is Samsung online sales shop lie to existing customers as they do have stock of items us old customers ordered and paid for but get lied to and still need to wait ( currently 6 weeks ) which is a surprise to read that someone fortunate has already received a replacement. Im beginning to think Samsung is a joke and do not value their customers. Its all about turnover, the more we sell, the better we are than Apple's Iphone.

God forbid i get my replacement back before xmas and i start to have issues like yourself. It really will be a return to Iphones.
0 Likes
Redzaku
Apprentice
Options

Samsung in my place were alyways saying my device doent have issue even i showed them in person and recorded the issue. I dont have faith from Samsung in Taiwan

dyerfire999
Student
Options
I've just requested a full refund as they can't offer me a replacement even tho thèy have stock online.

I've lost out on my trade in which is just another scam by samsung, but hopefully in the next 7 -10 days i will receive my money back and look elsewhere.

Samsung really do not have a customer care policy/service so be aware everyone. I know im not tge only person experiencing all the stress and problems caused by Samsung.
0 Likes
Redzaku
Apprentice
Options

Well seems like mine was actually hardware malfunction. the center swapped the main screen and battery for me, hope it lives longer this time.

0 Likes
Mattfactor
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue. Sometimes when opening the phone, the display  will come up but then dim and turn a faded yellow and then display will disappear completely. Other times the display will not turn on at all  or it will come up briefly and then turn off and come back after about 10 or so seconds when doing my thumb print. Samsung is having me send my phone in as it seems like Samsung certified ubreakifix stores are not repairing these. I'm tempted to hold off until the next update in hopes that it is just software related and not a hardware issue, though I'm not holding my breath as the same thing happens in safe mode. 

0 Likes
Options

I just started having this happen to mine in January. It seems like the screen only goes blank or malfunctions when I open the phone up all the way. If I open the phone partially, screen appears stable, I can unlock and log on, etc. but as soon as I fully extend the upper screen, it goes black. Hoping this is a software bug. Did you have any luck sending them the phone, or was it software related?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I see now that this thread is getting a bit long. I'm sadden that so many has the same problem as me. For me it fixed by itself, out of the blue. I did get a replacement but that to behave like the first one the first month or so. Samsung said that they were coming back to me about the issue. But i think they just forgot about it, now working on the successor the Z Flip 4 (maybe 5 because 4 is an unlucky number in Asia). So I don't think this is something explainable as either a hardware or software fault. My only recommendation now to all, is to reach out to were the phone was purchased and claim a replacement or if you can and want to. A total refund... I'm sad because this phone has a certain charm to it. And it is quite durable, at least according to my use. 

0 Likes
Gill501
First Poster
Options

I have this issue just started happening on my Z Flip 3 in UK on Vodafone network. Today was the worst, must have went dark about 20 times, once or twice whilst I was typing a message and other times just opening the phone to unlock it! 😭

0 Likes
Members_lwbC9uS
First Poster
Options

Did u get this sorted ? Mine does this 2

0 Likes
Members_lwbC9uS
First Poster
Options

Did this get sortec

0 Likes