Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi switching off itself

(Topic created on: 15-07-2022 08:37 AM)
Flookyk
Explorer
Options

Has anyone else had problems with their Zfold 3 or other samsung phones since the 1st July Security Update?

Once this was installed my Zfold 3 has been switching off the Wifi itself, sometimes when I had been using it and other times once I closed it and the screen switched off.

I even tried to do a factory reset on it and it still did the same, even as far as it would not then switch the wifi back on at all.

I sent it away to get repaired but Samsung Care returened it yesterday saying they could find nothing wrong so I restored the data/ apps to it and it has started happening again, both in normal mode and in Safe Mode.

47 REPLIES 47
relliks
First Poster
Options
Same problem and nothing is working
Also when typing I press a letter ssy t and it puts the t and another random letter
the next line will be as its typed I will repeat this line
Theuo next line will bet ajsl itsh typepd I wilql repeat thsg line
0 Likes
mobile problems
First Poster
Options

same issue here,..,.,.,y there is no fix,.,my wifi not turning ON at all..,.,im using z3 fold too

Flookyk
Explorer
Options
Maybe this is why they brought out the Zfold4 after 12 months rather 24.
Keep on at Samsung .. I wrote directly to the CEO in the UK and been dealing with the Presidents office ..after 3 attempts at a fix, including them changing the main board I told them if it was not resolved I was going to start legal action through the small claims court.
They have agreed to replace it with a brand new one ..now I have just come back from holiday.
SasamiPie
Pioneer
Options

I have the S21 FE 5G. I just installed the UI 8.1 update, and my wifi refuses to turn on. It moved to the on position, but it's greyed out. It says "Turning on..." for a while until it gives up and turns the switch button off by itself.

0 Likes
SasamiPie
Pioneer
Options

I need a link to US support, because I'm having the same EXACT issue on my Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G immediately after the UI 5.1 update. Samsung wants me to buy a new phone, but if it's caused by something in the update, which I'm sure it is, getting a new phone will NOT solve the issue. Unfortunately, my 1 year warranty ran out February 2023, and they rolled out the update shortly after that. It really feels like what happened when Apple sent out an update that bricked older phones in an attempt to sway people to buy a new phone, because that's all customer care wants to do is sell me a new phone. Oh-- and they'll refer me to paid tech services that, as evidenced by this person's journey, I will have to pay for over and over again to no avail~

SasamiPie
Pioneer
Options

Yup. I cleared the cashe upon reboot, reset network connections, turned off intelligent wifi settings, factory reset my phone, and did the "Repair Apps" reboot option, which seemed to fix it for about 15 minutes. However, I've gone from wrestling with my wifi button to being 100% able unable to turn it on 99% of the time. Then, when it does turn on, it's back off a moment later.

0 Likes
SasamiPie
Pioneer
Options

Well ***** me. My warranty ran out 2 weeks before they rolled out the update for  UI 5.1, which makes my phone work like yours and did the same thing. I guess my options are "get unlimited data" or buy a new phone... Samsung, you guys suck.

0 Likes
SasamiPie
Pioneer
Options

By the way, I can't even run the wifi test as it will not TURN ON, and I don't have enough data to submit an error report under the Samsung Members app on my phone....

0 Likes
Mary444
Explorer
Options

None of the above were effective to resolve issue.

0 Likes
Mary444
Explorer
Options

Can you please give me any Samsung contact info that you may have?  Calling the 800# and texting with support is beyond frustrating and worthless.  Thank You   

0 Likes