Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Type A or USB C?

(Topic created on: 17-05-2022 03:49 PM)
Muhammedz
Pioneer
Options
A lot of companies are still confused when it comes to USB C cables & charging bricks ( plugs, adapters )

Samsung provides you with a USB C to USB C cable to charge you phone because it's what most other devices nowadays are compatible with.

But wait WHAT??

Their latest and greatest Smart Watch series come with the "old is gold" USB Type A cable ??? Seriously...

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
TRY2HELP
Helping Hand
Options
that is a usb C end to your mobile or smart watch !!!
0 Likes
Muhammedz
Pioneer
Options
Smartphone gets a USB C to USB C cable.

Smart watch gets a USB Type A to magentic adapter.

Both are the most up to date products so why the RACISM?
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
What's racist about USB cable port choices? Completely illogical and flippant use of the term is ill-advised
CarlH
Options

Given its usual connotations I agree it’s not a term to use lightly, but I think we should give Muhammedz a chance to explain further what they meant by it in this instance.

0 Likes
Muhammedz
Pioneer
Options
You don't have to be that narrow minded, I'm dark skinned myself and I know what racism is!

The fact that there latest line up of Smartphones get the best tech ( USB C ) and the top notch watches get the old tech ( Type A ).

It's not acceptable, If companies want us to buy charging bricks separately for a USB-C to USB-C cable they provide in the box, the same company provides us with a TYPE A to Magnetic Charger for the watch.

That's Wrong
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
It's still not racist but is questionable I agree. I'm not being narrow minded either thanks
0 Likes