Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slight scratches where the screen folds

(Topic created on: 23-07-2022 12:33 PM)
Jes3003
Student
Options
Hi all, I have had my Z Flip 3 since October 2021, as time has gone on I have noticed slight scratches on the left and right of my screen where the phone folds in - is this a common issue people are experiencing?

Considering the price of the phone I am very disappointed with this and am tempted to sell the phone and go with a different brand other than Samsung.
Any thoughts or advice?
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
I don't think there would be anything you could do as it would be classed as user wear and tear, dust particles are getting in-between the screens and when closed creating the scratching. To be honest that's not Samsungs fault.

Who knows if it's common or not as not every owner would post or even be aware of this forum. But phone screens from all manufacturers are not 100% scratch resistant.

Good luck with whatever you do.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The Z Flip 3 has a plastic screen protector on the screen that can be replaced.
As such it's a sacrificial part of the screen.
You can book in with a Samsung Experience Store or service centre near you to get this done.
Alternatively if you feel you are compatant, you can get a third party protector and do it yourself.
Obviously getting it done professionally is the recommended option.
I think if you are enjoying the phone, then for the sake of a screen protector replacement, it's worth getting this replaced.
Let us know how you get on
Regnarts
Pathfinder
Options
Hello Jes3003,
These sorts of things will nearly always be encountered because, though these are costly premium devices, they are man-made and therefore susceptible to flaws.
Please do not let these things stop you from enjoying or giving up on your beloved gadgets.
Be blessed..!
0 Likes
Jes3003
Student
Options
Thank you for the tips guys!! I do love this phone so considering its minor marks on the screen for now I will wait it out and look into getting a screen protector replacement in the near future
0 Likes
hellzbellz411
First Poster
Options
I too have just seen the slimmest but noticeable of small 'crack/scratch' exactly where it folds. And I truly love this phone and went into debt for this phone thinking its an investment and would last me longer than a year from it's original release date.
0 Likes
Nightshade29
First Poster
Options
Ive noticed 2 small scratches forming on the crease where my phone folds though they are just off centre rather then on the side. Does the replaceable screen protector come already on the phone as i never added anything to it?
Thanks!
0 Likes