Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung z fold 4 - Anyone know when the next update will be? (Mine is still on July's)

(Topic created on: 20-09-2022 05:55 PM)
mikeday123
Apprentice
Options

Does enyone no when the next update will be I'm still on July ( z fold 4 )

7 REPLIES 7
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I was thinking the same, I just assumed the update upon arrival was the latest, nearly 2 mths and not even a monthly security update for a just released flag ship
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
keith30
Maestro
Options
The device could have been made months in advance before they were sold, so just because you received just after it release doesn't yesn't mean it was shipped upto date, iv'e had a few where when brought had two or security updates within dates of just receiving it.
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The Z Fold range typically gets updated around the every two months area. Sometimes a bit sooner and occasionally later
Just the way they do it with this range of phones
0 Likes
FastLaneJB
Journeyman
Options

Every 2 months isn't really good enough for their most expensive flagship device. My work has a strong security policy, if you fall beyond 2 months on Android security updates they block your phone. This means I cannot use my Fold 4 as my primary device as it's close to that point now, I don't trust I won't get blocked at some point.

0 Likes
Rob99
Voyager
Options
I would have thought that EVERY phone should be updated monthly with 'security' (ie bug) fixes at the very least. When I had the S22 Ultra, it was always bang up to date. Its very disappointing to be 3 months behind on patches, especially for Samsung's newest phone.
0 Likes
Biker74
Pathfinder
Options
I've just recently returned from the dark side. Before, I was certain there was a monthly security update, and any updated software.
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Samsung don't care about fold users or the ones who bought the global varient last to receive updates still stuck on July security patch whereas every other region has september ***** samsung *****
0 Likes