Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Z Fold 3 / Z Flip 3 - Screen protector Issue

(Topic created on: 03-12-2021 06:54 PM)
inwardnoise
Navigator
Options
Hi all,

A little advice, has anyone had there internal screen protector replaced yet due to it lifting? Mine has just started on the bottom of the screen on the crease. I know from reading around online it will gradually gets worse over time. I know this can be removed fine and it will not void warranty unless you break the screen while removing but I'd just prefer not to remove tbh as the protector well gives the screen more protection. 
I've been on support chat and they have stated I can obviously send it to samsung to have a new one fitted but the bit I'm a little afraid of is them re flashing software and it wiping my data, most is backed up but on have some things I just can't back up, online chat have said they will not delete anything but all phones I've ever sent back have come back as factory settings. I've also been told on chat I can take it to a samsung store for it to be done but I rang about this and they were not sure stores were doing this, I was promised a call back from a store a hour drive away but they've never got in contact so anyone else had any experience with this please?

Picture is below, I know it's only small currently but for a 3 month old phone it's not great and I want it sorting.

Thanks all
Go to solution
104 REPLIES 104
Tiredofgetting
Pioneer
Options

Mine was only 4 months old and still under warranty. 

They screwed me and others. They used us and our money  to bata test their product.  DO NOT BUY SAMSUNG ANY MORE.

Members_vXyR26m
Apprentice
Options

So I've had my Zfold3 about 4 months and the screen protector has split straight down the middle of the fold.  Samsung or vodafone will not fix this under warranty as this is classed as physical damage.  even though it has nothing to do with my fault and is a fault of the phone.  £400 to fix it.   Absolutely criminal and disgusting on a 1500 phone.  Back to iphone for me once this contract expires for sure.  Faulty product that noone will honour under warranty.  Disgusting!

Members_lQa2yIu
First Poster
Options

Mine ended up getting a black dot of dead pixels on the fold in the middle just back from Samsung new screen and film they should say its not like the ones you bought before the film is an integral part 

Tiredofgetting
Pioneer
Options

Yes, they charged me 520 dollars and Samsung is hiding from taking responsibility. 

It's time for people to walk away from Samsung products for good.

I'm done with them. once my products die, I'm going to another brand.

0 Likes
Tiredofgetting
Pioneer
Options

It only gets worse. 

0 Likes
egiser
Journeyman
Options

Same issue here. My Fold 3 phone is 6 months old as well. I have care+ plan with that as well. However after spending hours on the phone with various Samsung technical teams I got in contact with Samsung Experience team. They have kindly booked the appointment for me. However, they immediately advised that I cannot remove screen protector and doing so will void warranty. However, since screen protector is kind of part of the phone samsung classed it as accessory and they would charge £35 for it. This surely this has to be covered by the warranty as this is due to the folding mechanism. 

I am really disappointed speding £1,699 ffor the phone cannot get the simple thing fixed.

Anyway, they have booked the repair appointment in store, however, they cannot tell me even if that experience store has any screen protectors. This is really shame. It's no guarantee that they will fix it for me in the end...

Willwb86
Journeyman
Options

When I went into the store I was told you can pay but it will have bubbles in it. How can they make someone pay for something that won't even be done correctly if I pay for something that I shouldn't be having to do so in the first place i expect it to be done perfectly 

egiser
Journeyman
Options
To me it looks like the screen protector is part of the device in a way since you cannot remove it yourself as it will void warranty. Since this is due to some design flaw, they should be the ones to fix it. They cannot even say that device will have bubbles if they would replace it. Plus for me, they cannot guarantee that the store will have screen protector for me. This is insane customer support. And I am hoping that the more people would complain about thos, then Samsung might do something about it as all Fold 3 devices are affect. Flip 3 phones will have the same if they don't have this issue already. Simple issues like this will make people stop buying foldable phones all together if no resolution found. This is really frustrating...
Willwb86
Journeyman
Options

It's disgusting from them we purchase the most expensive phone they make and then have the audacity to basically charge us a fee to keep our devices in warranty. It's bs why can't they just accept that yes this is an issue many are facing it's a moving part so this can happen so what we will do is replace the screen protector for you free of charge its a bit of Plastic it's not like we want them to change the screen we just want our £1500 devices to be working properly.

egiser
Journeyman
Options
I agree, it looks like we would be better off by braking the screen and they would replace the whole screen instead which would have the screen protector on it already. But again it's a hassle of sending the phone to them etc. I cannot afford this as I cannot be without this large screen which I use for work etc.