Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Z Fold 3 / Z Flip 3 - Screen protector Issue

(Topic created on: 03-12-2021 06:54 PM)
inwardnoise
Navigator
Options
Hi all,

A little advice, has anyone had there internal screen protector replaced yet due to it lifting? Mine has just started on the bottom of the screen on the crease. I know from reading around online it will gradually gets worse over time. I know this can be removed fine and it will not void warranty unless you break the screen while removing but I'd just prefer not to remove tbh as the protector well gives the screen more protection. 
I've been on support chat and they have stated I can obviously send it to samsung to have a new one fitted but the bit I'm a little afraid of is them re flashing software and it wiping my data, most is backed up but on have some things I just can't back up, online chat have said they will not delete anything but all phones I've ever sent back have come back as factory settings. I've also been told on chat I can take it to a samsung store for it to be done but I rang about this and they were not sure stores were doing this, I was promised a call back from a store a hour drive away but they've never got in contact so anyone else had any experience with this please?

Picture is below, I know it's only small currently but for a 3 month old phone it's not great and I want it sorting.

Thanks all
Go to solution
104 REPLIES 104
inwardnoise
Navigator
Options
Ring them rather than chatting and say you've seen plenty get done under warranty and they will do it.
0 Likes
MrsSpence
Apprentice
Options
I rang them and they said its not something they do anymore and there would be a £25 charge. I said what a joke £25 every 4 months on top of the £899 phone charge. It's extortionate. She also stated that it would void the warranty if I take it off myself
0 Likes
Jaross69
Apprentice
Options

Mine started like that yesterday and each time I opened it the issue got longer.  After 3 openings it was 3/4 of the way up the screen.  Booked it on a Door To Door collection to get serviced.  When you back up your phone use the Samsung Smart Switch App on your laptop to back it all to your laptop or PC.

Members_NhpEzPm
Student
Options

I had exactly the same happen to me today. He said they could replace it for a fee but it would be wiped or do it yourself. Guess I'm doing it myself 

0 Likes
Tiredofgetting
Pioneer
Options

Good! Sounds like their starting to listen to their customers.

Or you where just fortunate enough not to have had any signs of use that they could use as an easy escape of liability. 

You will need to wear gloves and avoid any signs of use for the duration of your warranty period when send it in the next time. 

Tiredofgetting
Pioneer
Options

How many times are you going to rub this in? Are you a troll?

Or you where just fortunate enough not to have had any signs of use that they could use as an easy escape of liability. 

You will need to wear gloves and avoid any signs of use for the duration of your warranty period when send it in the next time. 

0 Likes
Jaross69
Apprentice
Options

I spoke too soon.  The repair centre is demanding a tax invoice to show purchase of the unit.  You dont get a tax invoice when you get the phone on contract and seeing as it was only released in late September it is well within the warranty period.  The person at the repair centre is a real numbskull and even wanted me to prove I had Samsung Care+ despite it being standard for 2 years on this phone.  They seriously do not want to get me on the phone.

0 Likes
SBasha
Journeyman
Options
I have the same issue (zfold3 inner screen bubbling) and advised by staff at experience store that this is covered under warranty and to return it to Samsung, advised on phone that this not covered under warranty but totally OK to replace it myself as its just a screen protector (conveniently the telephone support could not send this advice to me in writing). Advised by Samsung support chat that this was something that would be fixed if I booked in a repair but to do this I would need to be called back (missed the call so back to square one). After this appalling experience with support I'll likely never buy another Samsung device again! Nothing but inconsistent advice, inconvenience and nothing that feels like "support"!

*edit* just peeled off the screen protector based on advice posted by @BandOfBrothers and it came of super easy (like any normal screen protector). Don't know why staff at the experience store couldn't have just advised/done this! Inner screen looks amazing now (although I'll probably still source a screen protector for it at some point).
Corey93
First Poster
Options

Mine isn't starting to lift up at the top. A line has formed all the way down the middle of the center of my screen. It looks like someone took a knife to it does anybody know if this they will replace it?