Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 / Flip 4 One UI 6.0 (Android 14) Update

(Topic created on: 24-11-2023 03:09 AM)
SamSpecter
Explorer
Options

[Update: Jan 10, 2024]

The stable One UI 6.0 update for the Galaxy Z Flip 4 and Fold 4 is available in many regions, including Korea, India, Europe, and the US.

If you haven't received it yet, wait a few days, as the rollout can take a few days to complete.

Go to Settings > Software update > Download and install to check for updates.

Check out the Galaxy Z Fold 4, Flip 4 One UI 6 update tracker for more details.

Go to solution
88 REPLIES 88
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@Turbohobbit 

Hello and welcome to Samsung forums.

Could you post your device's Service provider software version as per the screenshot below.

Settings > About phone > Software information > Service provider software version

Also, have you tried checking for the update by using the Samsung PC suite, Smart Switch?

qcdVFYH.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
Turbohobbit
Apprentice
Options

Hi there, thank you for the welcome! Sure, service provider software version is:

SAOMC_SM-F721B_OXT_EUX_13_0014

EUX/-/EUX/EUX

I downloaded Samsung PC Suite but there is no update waiting for me there.

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@Turbohobbit 

Your Service provider software version shows that your CSC code for your firmware is the stock Samsung, non carrier branded, EUX for the U.K./EU as there is no separate O2/Virgin carrier firmware. There has been 1 build released for the Flip4 to date, F721BXXS4EWL5.

If after connecting to Samsung Smart Switch and checking via the 3 dot Menu > Device information it still shows no update you will need to contact Samsung Support...

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
J78lynch
First Poster
Options

I don't have a flip 4. My phone is a fold 4.

My current version of one ui 6.0 is

F936USQS3EWL9/F936UOYN3EWL9/F936USQS3EWL9

security patch level: January 1, 2024

0 Likes
Turbohobbit
Apprentice
Options

Just an update to this one. Out of curiosity I fired up my spare phone which is an A33 5G - it usually sits in my desk drawer in case I (or one of my kids) kill a phone. I had factory reset it so I booted it up and it downloaded One UI 6 almost immediately. Since the A33 is a lower "grade" than my Flip 4 I figured that there was something up with my handset so called the Samsung UK technical help line the next day.

I spoke to a really solid bloke who ran through the software version that I had on my phone, checked a few things, and........ it turns out One UI 6 hasn't been released for the Flip 4 in the UK yet. I questioned this, since my old A33 already has it but he confirmed that the push wasn't slated yet.

I'll let it go for now but if my Flip 4 doesn't get updated in the next few months I'll late it into the Samsung shop on Oxford Street in London hand have a face to face chat.

0 Likes
jeff57
First Poster
Options

New FW drained battery so fast

0 Likes
imrichm
First Poster
Options

My apologies for reopening an old conversation. My Z Flip 4 hasn't received any updates since Nov 28, including security patches. It's an unlocked phone purchased from a carrier (Claro) in Costa Rica, where I am also using it. Interestingly, my wife's unlocked (no carrier) Flip 4 received Android 14 back in January. I'm attaching pictures for reference in case someone can offer suggestions.

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-05 at 09.24.48.jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-03-05 at 09.25.02.jpeg

0 Likes
Turbohobbit
Apprentice
Options

I'm in the UK with an unlocked / sim free phone. My Flip 4 still hasn't received an update and hasn't had a security patch since 1st June 2023. I called Samsung helpdesk and was informed that the update hadn't been pushed to my phone yet ("it just takes time") but given the lack of security updates too I'm starting to think thay my phone has dropped off some sort of system and Samsung is no longer supporting it.

I was keen on the S24 but I'm now not sure I trust Samsung any more.

0 Likes
imrichm
First Poster
Options

Sorry to hear that. It's unacceptable and borderline ridiculous that after paying a lot of money for a flagship phone, some devices don't even have security updates for months. I don't want to use banking apps anymore on the Flip 4. 

It really makes me consider an iPhone. Even though I really like Samsung's phones, and Android in general. 

0 Likes