Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Fold 4 - WiFi & Bluetooth not activating

(Topic created on: 03-01-2024 08:23 PM)
Selcuk22
First Poster
Options

Since this morning i cannot activate Wi-Fi nor bluetooth. It seems to get activated but after a few seconds turns back grey.

I have contacted local Samsung team, spoke on chat/whatsapp, gave me some suggestions but none of them worked. Has anyone else faced the same issues? 

What is the fix for this ?

Thanks!

22 REPLIES 22
RajeevPR
Voyager
Options

Any minor glitch in the phone's software has interrupted the normal functioning of Bluetooth. Malware attack on Bluetooth cache files. Issues with Network settings. Proximity issues or the devices are not placed enough closer to let Bluetooth detect and connect them.

1.Open Settings, and tap System > Advanced > Reset options > then Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth, or if you have a Samsung phone, tap General Management > Reset > then Reset Network Settings.

2. Tap Reset Settings and enter your passcode or password.

3. Tap Reset Settings, then Reset.
0 Likes
Will972
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue with my Fold 3, after doing everything I could think of (reset Wi-fi settings, turn phone off/on, factory reset, trying different options in recovery mode, etc)  I found out I could only activate both Bluetooth or Wi-fi when unfolded, but eventually they would both go back to grey.

After I got my fold checked by Samsung they found out the flex was the issue, and that flex is tethered to the mainboard and cannot be replaced/fixed, so they had to replace the whole inner screen.

Hopefully in your case is only a software issue!

0 Likes
Lukmanul D Hakim
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I wonder whether you managed to solved the issue?

This happened to me as well, my fold 4 can't turn on wifi and bluetooth not too long after the warranty expired. Is this how bad samsung product nowadays?

jkr3373
Student
Options

I'm having the same issue. It has happened to me before and it always happens after a new software update. In the past, I've reset settings and reset the phone it it works. I did all those things after this past software update and nothing is working. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Lukmanul D Hakim
Journeyman
Options

for me i have never updated this phone since i got it, and yet its still happens.

just came back from samsung service center they said theres problem with the flexible on the fold (which is wierd since its only affects wifi and the problem persist whether o open or close the fold), and it would cost me ~200$. what the f. 

Aristocrat27
First Poster
Options

Ahhh Buggan.. I got same problem..Fold4 just won't turn on wifi or Bluetooth...done all resets, tests and still broke..and phone is still mint...how much did yours cost to fix?

0 Likes
Aristocrat27
First Poster
Options

Ahh shoot..I think I am in same problem..

0 Likes
Will972
First Poster
Options

It happened a year and a half ago, $400, but nowadays it should be cheaper I assume. No issues after that fortunately. 

0 Likes
Members_G5d6nda
First Poster
Options

Hi I have been having the same issue with my fold 4 not connecting to either Wi-Fi or Bluetooth its has been going on a while now..Despite the information you find online Samsung Tech department say this is a fairly new problem and maybe hardware issue.

Did the Factory reset work for anyone ?

And if repaired how long did it take and did it solve the issue and continues to work fine

cheers

0 Likes