Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Fold3 - Crashed, Black Screen, Slow, Looping

(Topic created on: 01-09-2022 08:07 AM)
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

So received a phone call this morning, answered it and unfolded, phone became unresponsive.

After a Vol Down + Power back to life, but then three more times the same issue.

Device is working now but noticeably sluggish.

A quick Google to get the device running seems to suggest a common issue, anyone else experience the same ?

PS. Resorted to my laptop to send this message.

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
Grumpywino
Pioneer
Options
I have the phone back, they replaced a lot of parts. I haven't been charged luckily. So it was away just over three weeks.
0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Just been chasing this afternoon and the Fold3 is on its way back to me, i managed to speak to TMT, they said a faulty USB connector, board, hopefully it is a proper fix and tested.

So over the moon if it is as the iPhone is killing me and i was just start a claim via my credit card company.

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Ok so item received yesterday, started to setup after some initial testing (phone calls, fold and unfolding), notice a scratch on the front screen (screen protector).

Anyway, phone would shoved in a place bag and then back in the secure parcel, only a test slip saying everything passed, no idea if this was before or after.

But issue still remains, but slight change, now I can no longer power on, everytime when folded I need to force a soft reset.

I then tried with the screen unfolded and so far that solves the power on, but not the sluggish and then meltdown.

ALL IN ALL SHOCKING SERVICE.

0 Likes
siah0wn5a11
First Poster
Options

This is absolutely unacceptable for such an expensive luxury item. I am beyond disappointing with the level of care and service Samsung provides to its customers. Second to Sony in worst service. I will be returning my fold 4 and going back to OnePlus. 6 Years and any issue was swiftly resolved with fantastic customer care.