Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung fold 3 switch off automatically

(Topic created on: 15-09-2022 10:06 AM)
Aliozak
Apprentice
Options

Hello, my fold 3 started to switch off automatically every night. 

Auto restart is switched off. 

Any idea how to fix this annoying problem?

6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options

@Aliozak: Have you noticed if your Z Fold3 is restarting at a certain time, or is it random? If you head to Settings > Battery and device care > Tap the graph symbol in the top right > Restart history, is anything listed under 'Last auto restart'?

To check if the issue is stemming from an external source or third party application, please try placing your device in Safe Mode. To enter Safe Mode, press and hold the Power button until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release > Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release > To confirm, tap Safe mode. Monitor the performance, and if the device doesn't restart while in Safe Mode then please restart the phone as you would normally and uninstall any apps you have added since the issue first occurred. Let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
SamMobile - Samsung news: Unhappy foldable phone customers in Poland might sue Samsung.
https://www.sammobile.com/news/unhappy-foldable-phone-customers-poland-might-sue-samsung/
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
Aliozak
Apprentice
Options

Thanks, i will try tonight

0 Likes
scpnwuk
Apprentice
Options
Mine is doing the same . Tried everything suggested by the Samsung team . Useless . Even a full factory reset . The phone has no cracks n is in excellent condition too . I'm very disappointed
0 Likes
Samsindia
First Poster
Options

My galaxy fold 3z started switching off automatically  after last update around 29th may 2023. It's scary as it restarts by itself and nothing I do helps. What if I get stranded somewhere with power off phone. It does not even show charging on

0 Likes
Tyler59022
First Poster
Options
After doing the lastest update for my phone Fold 3, when opened to big screen these features no longer work, any idea why?

1. Face recognition
2. Fingerprint reader

It also turns itself off when I'm using the phone and not touching the power off button.

This update has broken my phone...
0 Likes