Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pressing "1" for this and "2" for that..?

(Topic created on: 08-07-2022 12:59 PM)
johne53
Pathfinder
Options

It's maybe 6 months since I bought my Galaxy Z Flip-3 but believe it or not, today was the first time I'd needed to ring someone with one of those annoying menus (press "!" for this, press "2" for that etc...)

Although I pressed the numbers on my on-screen keyboard, nothing got sent to the other end. Is there some special trick to enable this? Or should I have been maybe pressing 'return' after each number? I've never needed to do that on any other phone... 😣

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
No, you don't have to press return
The problem is on the other side, at the same try using a different phone, just in case 👋

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@johne53: Outside of a call, if you head to the Phone app, select the Keypad and tap one of the numbers, can you hear a tone? If not, make sure you're on Sound mode by swiping from the top of the screen to the bottom and tapping the speaker symbol so it highlights, or heading to Settings > Sounds and vibration > Sound mode > Sound. If the issue persists, try pressing the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts, as this will refresh the software and address any temporary issues that might be a contributing factor. 

0 Likes
johne53
Pathfinder
Options

@AndrewL - no, I wasn't hearing the usual tones. I did try turning the speaker on at one point but that didn't help. I'll try again later and if it still doesn't work I'll try the refresh. Thanks.

0 Likes
pickmybrain
Pathfinder
Options
This is related to DTFM. you need a replacement sim card as your sim card is not registering which department you want to be transferred across to.
0 Likes