Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overheating

(Topic created on: 21-03-2024 04:30 PM)
TTster
Apprentice
Options
I am not sure why my Galaxy gets so hot so often?

I have adjusted various settings but still no joy.
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
MusabQ
Explorer
Options
nah legit I have a Flip5 and it starts burning up sometimes to the point where I can't even touch it, I monitor temperature regularly and I think over time with updates it has stopped overheating as much but still on games my phone goes upto about 50 degrees celsius
0 Likes
Bra1ns
First Poster
Options
What can be done about this?. Or could it be that the 5g network could be too powerful for old 4g+ mobiles. In other words regardless of having a 5g mobile from 18mths ago. They can't handle the power.
0 Likes
DannyT
Options

Hi there, if your phone is getting too hot to touch and you're based in the UK or Ireland then please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and I or one of the other mods will be able to get this escalated for you.  

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm... 

Welcome to the Community!

smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
One thing you can do is to install 'good guardians' app which gives the thermal guardian. This allows you to understand and control the temperature of the device to some degree.

Smiley1711024409239.jpg
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
TTster
Apprentice
Options
The link takes me to a page eith lots of options no steps???
0 Likes
TTster
Apprentice
Options
I cannot fine Thermal Guardian. What does the app look like?
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
It is called Good guardians on the galaxy store. From good guardians there are a few plug ins available... thermal guardians being one of those.
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Would say only really a concern if temperature is reaching  around 45° C for an extended period but some users may need to get  to get it escalated. 

The phone will heat up  to varying degrees when charging and using power intensive applications , downloading large files ,using Mobile Hotspot/Tethering and  when you have large amounts of Data for syncing.  Usually it is not too much to worry about but on occasions may need a little bit of time to cool down.

I would say that if possible turn off some connections if you are not using them and best to ensure Brightness is not constantly at maximum.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.