Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open .insp file shared from one drive?

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
MisterMRL
Journeyman
Options
Ok so I have uploaded some recent pics from my insta360 X3 onto my OneDrive (work account) and wish to view them via OneDrive app on my phone. I have the insta360 app on my device but when I click the file name, my phone asks: 

"search the play store? You don't have any apps that can open this type of file" 

But considering I have the insta360 app that I had connected to the camera that took said pics, I can understand why the phone isn't able to view the uploads in OneDrive. If it's via my laptop the same file works and opens insta360 studio and I can view as expected... Anyone able to offer advice? Cheers 

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
keith30
Maestro
Options
Try looking in My Files app to see if they have been downloaded first.
MisterMRL
Journeyman
Options
Yes, I've tried that method and that's what brings up the message... 🤦🏼
0 Likes
MisterMRL
Journeyman
Options
As above 1713288580987.jpg
0 Likes
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
Can you long press on the file and choose "open with". Hopefully your app will be in the list.
You may even have to create an association with the file extension and the insta app.

Update: Just had a look online and according to some sites the insta software should automatically convert the files to jpeg format when xfering to mobile phone. So is there a setting in the insta app to do this?
MorningBlunt
Helping Hand
Options
Are they downloaded locally? If not, try that.

MB
0 Likes
MisterMRL
Journeyman
Options
Yes I have tried selecting the app from the menu, but for some odd reason the insta360 app doesn't show as an option or even when searching... It's somewhat frustrating...
0 Likes
MisterMRL
Journeyman
Options
Tried moving to >device> downloads - still no joy 🤦🏼
0 Likes
MorningBlunt
Helping Hand
Options
Might be worth just converting the file/s

MB
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
I'm definitely thinking now that the files should be in .jpeg format and not .insp. Do you have a pc/laptop with the insta program on it? If so can you connect the phone to the pc and somehow convert the files to .jpeg. Maybe the insta mobile app can convert the files too? Either way I don't think you are meant to ever interact with a .insp file directly, it should always be .jpeg.