Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFC not working

(Topic created on: 13-04-2022 05:10 AM)
Suchy1977
Pioneer
Options
After the oneUI4 Android 12 update my NFC isn't working anymore? I've run the phones diagnostic test and this comes back as ok? When I'm using at any NFC terminal to pay for a product the terminal will no longer pick up my phone? This was never an issue before the update! I'd anyone else having the same issue and have you found a fix? Otherwise it's a send phone off to be checked over?
12 REPLIES 12
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Check that NFC is on
On your phone
Click on the Google Pay app
Click on the three horizontal lines
Click on
Contactless setup
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @Suchy1977 

I'm using the Fold³ and updated to Android 12 with Samsung One Ui 4 and the January update and my NFC is working as it should when using Google Pay to pay for purchases in a shop.

Have you tried clearing your system files cache via https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to hook up to a Computer or insert your esrphones to enter into recovery mode. 

And if necessary go into safe mode just incase something is conflicting.

Https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

AndrewL
Options

@Suchy1977: Please can you also try restarting your phone, then heading to Settings > Connections > NFC and Contactless Payments > On > Contactless Payments > Select your preferred payment option > Pay With Currently Open App > On. 

Suchy1977
Pioneer
Options
I've just followed your advice and I found the NFC was intact turned off in the Google pay app but on, on my phone! I haven't had chance to try it out yet but I feel this may have sorted the issue 👍🏼
Mick1401
Student
Options
Hi

I have the Note 20 Ultra and have the same problem. Also, the LED case no longer works, which I also believe uses NFC.

Tried restarting and turning NFC on and off. Also cleared cache, etc on payment app but still not working.
Members_67hPoni
First Poster
Options

Also having this exact issue with both the LED case and Samsung pay after a recent update. Followed all the above steps and not resolved. Any other advice is very welcome!!

0 Likes
Mick1401
Student
Options
I logged with Samsung and basically got told to put it on here. Not great CX if I'm being honest.
0 Likes
Egovinco
Apprentice
Options

Different phone, but I have the same issue on my s20 FE since the android 12 update. Nfc not working, even if it's turned on and a preferred payment (my baking app) is selected. 

0 Likes
Oregon
First Poster
Options

Interesting. NFC is not working on my s22 ultra with Google Pay and I have an LED case. I've tried several of the fixes suggested but I might have a try at removing the case as well.

0 Likes