Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Z Fold 5.

(Topic created on: 23-08-2023 05:20 PM)
GuzziBoy
Voyager
Options
Hi has anyone thought about trading in their z fold 4 for the 5. Looking through all the YouTube channels where they compare the two phones, it looks like its not worth the cost as there is little difference. OK so a new hinge and upgraded processor but for normal (no games) use I think I'll stick with my Z Fold 4 until next year and the 6 comes out. Maybe then, there will be some genuine upgrades. Any comments ... cheers. 
4 REPLIES 4
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I upgraded from the Fold 4 to the Fold 5
For me personally I felt all the small upgrades added together, that reviews gloss over have made a noticeable difference between the two.
The Fold 5 is just more of a polished phone.

So for me it was an easy choice.
But it's subjective, so someone else won't feel the same way.

It's a lot of money, and although I felt it worth it. You would have to go to a experience store or somewhere that has the on display to actually get hands on.

The Fold 4 is definitely a phone worth keeping and if you're happy with it. Then it's definitely worth holding on to and enjoy
GuzziBoy
Voyager
Options
Yeah I love my fold 4. So no chance of moving away from the fold. I just think the 6 might have a different front screen Size and other upgrades etc. Plus 650 trade in still means £1,000 layout. Ugh decisions decisions eh. Thanks for your feedback cheers.
0 Likes
TechZilla
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I upgraded my 4 to a 5, small improvements that add up to more than the sum of them. I am happy with my decision personally but I know Samsung didn't make the fold 5 for anyone with a fold 4, they are trying to give consumers several years before upgrading and tbh its fine tuning now as its no longer a beta line of products.
TechZilla - Samsung Members Star
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I am due to upgrade 4 to 5 but will not simple because its more a 4.2 not 5.0 and the trade in is garbage and the monthly is twice as much.

All in all a tall order for little to no gain.
REGARDS, OBSYDIAN - Car & Tech Evangelist / 2 decades of Samsung Ownership
DAILY: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Buds Pro2, 20,000 Power bank, Smart Tags
OFFICE: Book2 Pro i7 [Laptop], M70A 32” [Monitor], Samsung Level [Speaker]
GAMING: M70A 43” [Monitor], Book2 Pro i5, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptops]
FAMILY: ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S7 Plus, Buds Pro2
SPARE: Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], ZFlip3
AV: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears],
KITCHEN: MC32K7055 [Microwave], S65DG54M3B1 [Fridge] Jet 75 (Vacuum)
NON-SAMSUNG: iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2, Phone 12
0 Likes