Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Galaxy z flip 4 shuts down when folded

(Topic created on: 22-12-2023 02:15 PM)
Ibrahim14
Student
Options

Just faced an issue that my Galazy z flip 4 powers off when folded. 

kindly if anyone knows a solution for this problem do let me know. 

19 REPLIES 19
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

This obviously shouldn't happen @Ibrahim14 so this could be software or hardware based. 

Please run the diagnostic tool found in your Samsung Members App and send any error logs and feedback to Samsung via your Samsung Members App and or use a Samsung Service Centre to have the phone assessed. 

If the phone wasn't supplied directly by Samsung then speak also with the supplier i.e network etc. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Members_Wb7rMc7
Student
Options

Interested to see if any definitive answers come up. My Zflip4 just started doing this today. Shuts down every time I close it.

laura2024
First Poster
Options
Mine is also doing this if you have found a solution please let me know
0 Likes
Natalie20
Apprentice
Options

Hi there I'm having same issue only last 2 days and also my is just shy over a year old. I kept closing flip thinking it was a battery problem . So I charged it and just as I closed it I realised it had shut down. I did webchat with my network provider who told me I had 24 month warranty.  So I've to take it back to the store today hopefully they can sort it. But not very good if it has happened to you all and myself 1 year on and phone does thos. Very poor manufacturing fault for such a phone they advertise highly. I won't be purchasing another . 

RJMcK
Apprentice
Options

Errrrm, bizarrely mine is doing the same. Had mine since it was released August last year and never had a problem.

I called Samsung this morning and went through all the self help and the smart tutor app thing. Did soft reset, turned off for 20 secs, put on charge, and then full factory reset. Didn't work.

So now its getting picked up tomorrow to go for 'repair'. 10 day turnaround and not great its at New Year but why are so many having the same problem? 

Natalie20
Apprentice
Options

Well at least it's getting sorted I know its not ideal time for it to happen are they giving you a replacement phone till its repaired? Not ideal phone if this happen only year on. 

0 Likes
RJMcK
Apprentice
Options

Told me to get in touch with provider (sky mobile) but i've got an old phone somewhere for emergencies. Bit skeptical about sending it tho, there's a few horror stories on this community about the flip 4 including BBC Watchdog getting involved.

Just a bit worrying that its happened recently to quite a few, pretty much in the space of a week. 

0 Likes
Members_sOi7YqL
First Poster
Options

Same issue appeared in December for me. Good luck with the warranty. I sent it in. Samsung Germany found a little scratch of 0.5mm x 0.5mm on the side of my hinge, which had occured 6 months prior, and thus Samsung denied all warranty. They offered me to repair the phone for almost $400. Escalated to VOC. Nobody actually looked at it properly, they didn't even open it... they didn't even read the description, and didn't believe me that the scratch occured way before. Rep ref was ****** if anyone wants to look into it. Seriously disappointed. It's real shameful what Samsung Service did here.

TinyGrey
Student
Options

Same issue with my flip 4. No damage and still within a year of purchase. I went to the repair shop for Samsung and was told they can't repair it. Called the customer support and the best option Samsung provided to me over is to mail in my phone for them to check it out and it would take them 2 weeks. Asked for a replacement and was told it is not an option. My phone is an unlocked version not tied to any provider and I don't have any replacement phone to wait for 2 weeks. It is completely NOT my fault that the phone suddenly started to behave this way. Consider this our family's last ever purchase of any Samsung product, I'll just buy a new phone from another brand and throw this garbage into the trash after I transfer the data as the solution.