Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My bought in the UK phone has an EU model number

(Topic created on: 09-12-2023 11:58 AM)
monkeynuts80
Journeyman
Options
As the title suggests, I bought my phone from Very.. I've still not got the One UI 6 update so thought I'd check to see if I could get a firmware online to flash via Odin.. when going through the motions of downloading I found the UK CSC code should be EVR but my phone is actually EUX which doesn't actually have an android 14 firmware available... this sucks.. should Very not have sold a UK handset? I've heard that I may not get 5g because of this
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@monkeynuts80 

All non carrier branded devices for the U.K. and E.U. have CSC code EUX as per your phone. Here is the latest Android 14, One UI 6.0 firmware for EUX...

https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-z-fold-5/firmware/SM-F946B/EUX/download/F946BXXU1BWKA/17977...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
monkeynuts80
Journeyman
Options
Awesome.. this is good to know, cheers buddy
keith30
Maestro
Options
The EUX is the European code most UK models have. Mine is the S22ultra and I'm with O2 unlocked. I got the Android 14 Ui6 last weekend.
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
EVR is the CSC code for EE network so it definitely shouldn't be that if you bought it from Very
0 Likes
monkeynuts80
Journeyman
Options
Ah this makes sense.. last time I tinkered the UK codes were BTU 😂😂
0 Likes
monkeynuts80
Journeyman
Options
Yeah my S22 Ultra has it as does the wife's S22.. just would have thought the Fold 5 would have been shown some love by now
0 Likes
monkeynuts80
Journeyman
Options
Downloaded.. flashed via Odin.. it didn't even wipe my data, like it was an OTA update.. kudos bro
0 Likes
noisytwit
Pioneer
Options
BTU was the old UK non-carrier CSC. I started on EVR with my EE supplied S20+ and I switched it to BTU. Got a 23U and tried but it would take and in researching it seems Samsung "simplified" the codes and they scrapped BTU for a euro wide one which is EUX.
LordJay
Pathfinder
Options
The Z Series uses a different version of One UI compared with the S Series. The Flip & Fold are also different from each other. The Flip 5 is available to download, but the Fold 5 isn't available yet. As for the S22, it is completely hit and miss. Some people seem to be getting it, but not others.
Jay
0 Likes