Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inner screen cracks

(Topic created on: 18-01-2022 10:38 AM)
nathanw0810
Journeyman
Options
Has anybody had issues with the plastic protector on the inner screen developing cracks up the fold.
Noticed a couple the past few weeks with more emerging.

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The plastic film on the Fold³ is just the same as other Samsung phone's that have them fitted. They are in place to help protect against scratches etc.

In relation to the Fold ³ removing this will not affect the screen underneath at all. The display will still function.

Some people leave factory fitted screen protectors in situ until forced to remove / replace them as they detoriate.

My opinion is once the screen protector has been damaged and the seal compromised dust etc can work it's way underneath causing bubbles and potentially scratch the screen underneath which is if and when mine on my Fold³ fails I'll be replacing it with a Whitestone Dome variant. 

However obviously removing this plastic will leave the screen unprotected against scratches @nathanw0810 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
nathanw0810
Journeyman
Options
Thanks. I'll look into replacements like you said.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

No worries @nathanw0810 

As mentioned some Samsung Experience Stores or Service Centres can be asked to replace them if they have the film in stock and perform the work in-house.

Whitestone Dome offer a film type protector similar to the one already fitted or a Glass Type option.

Other 3rd party accessories companies offer options too.

0 Likes
Bt32
Voyager
Options
The Whitestone Dome "Silk" for the Zf3 is not good, it cracks after a few weeks. I think, in fact it's been removed from sale.
0 Likes
eggie99
First Poster
Options
Mine having issues on the inner screen down the crease it's lifting up
0 Likes
eggie99
First Poster
Options
See the pics but also a small disc appeared on the right looks like just the the inner camera which is on the upper task bar very unusualIMG-20220311-WA0002_27375_1647035568.jpgIMG-20220311-WA0001_27372_1647035567.jpg
0 Likes
nathanw0810
Journeyman
Options
Went into the Samsung store in Liverpool today as I was in the area and was told I would have to pay £30 for the screen protector to be replaced. Rather poor considering the phone is approx 7 month old.
0 Likes
Tschools70
First Poster
Options

I have been noticing one on mine lately, have you done something to rectify yours?

0 Likes
nathanw0810
Journeyman
Options

Hi

I just removed the screen protector to be honest.

I did consider getting another but as others have mentioned they crack too.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@nathanw0810 

I did the same a few months ago.

I didn't fancy my phone potentially having the whole screen display replaced along with potentially the battery too.

Whitestone Dome sell a silk type protector if a person wants to try but it sure looks fiddly to apply 🤔 

My Fold³ has been fine since with no degradation but people use their phone's in different environments so it has to be a personal choice to leave the display naked.

0 Likes