Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMEI Verification problems for trade in promotion?

(Topic created on: 29-10-2021 10:54 AM)
Rho62
Journeyman
Options

Hi. Has anyone had any problems getting their imei number verified for the trade in promotion? It accepted it for the starter kit promotion but when I attempted the trade in promotion it wouldn't verify my imei number. Frustrating to say the least! I've contacted support by email 3 times and no response. I contacted Samsung by phone and they told me to clear my cache or try another device. I have done both of those but still no joy...any suggestions? 

Thanks in advance 
27 REPLIES 27
Rho62
Journeyman
Options
Oh dear what a nightmare. Have you tried going through samsungtradeinoffer.co.uk then click on the fold 3 picture and it comes up with a list of retailers that are running the promotion. I just checked and John Lewis are on there you may want to screen shot it as evidence.
0 Likes
Lgoodacre68
Apprentice
Options

hi yes have taking screen shots, the girl at John Lewis was adamant they had never had any promotions on the Z Flip 3 despite their website showing it the other evening.  Interesting was that the offer was removed on 1st September from their website but really annoyed I am being fobbed off.  I would of ordered direct from Samsung but they couldn't get any stock in til after 24th September and I needed a new phone before then.  MTR are not answering any email or phone calls so no idea where I go from here

0 Likes
Rho62
Journeyman
Options
Have you tried responding to the mail up above from SachikoT you might get somewhere?
Lgoodacre68
Apprentice
Options

hi SachikoT how do I send a private message to you and Sam please 

sorry think I worked out how to do this now

0 Likes
GregC
First Poster
Options

I am having exactly the same issue - trying to take advantage of the trade-in offer on my Samsung S10 after buying the S21 Ultra through Mobile Phones Direct. MPD were delayed in sending out my handset - therefore, I'm already up against it time-wise in completing before Samsung's September 14 promotion deadline. Now, it's not accepting the IMEI number of my new device. Please help Samsung - multiple emails sent to Samsung Trade In Offer and Samsung Recycle email addresses without response. Really poor service from MPD and Samsung - very disappointed customer.

Rho62
Journeyman
Options
I think its about time samsung sorted this problem for their loyal customers it's going to end up putting people off buying their products. I got my problem solved after much persistence. You could try calling samsung directly or contact Sachiko T above?
0 Likes
Lgoodacre68
Apprentice
Options

Good news they have sorted my issue out, I had an email telling me it had been fixed so hopefully others won't have to wait too long either.

Sala_
First Poster
Options

This issue is still ongoing for the Z3 and watch promotion, I have privately messaged @Sam_uk so hopefully this will help, worried as the deadline at the start of november is approaching

0 Likes
Sala_
First Poster
Options

Hi, can someone help its been 24 hours and have had any replies from @sam_uk

0 Likes
Sala_
First Poster
Options

It's been 3 days since my op. I have emailed, I have privately messaged and I have had zero replies. Samsung, this service really isn't great!

0 Likes