Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy z flip 4

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
lealuna
Journeyman
Options

Hi My phone when I fold it hoes black and the screen goes pink/purple and all out. There are no cracks on the screen I just went into ee to get it checked and they wanted to change me £400 for a new screen as they said it wasn't under warranty because on a few marks on the outside case where it folds.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I appreciate what the ee shop employee has advised @lealuna. However, they are not probably a trained phone technician.

Let a Samsung Service Centre have hands-on. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/ 

The phone does have a 24 month Manufacturer's Warranty however this does not cover accidental damage. 

If i can be of any further help, please don't hesitate to ask  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
lealuna
Journeyman
Options
Thank you I book it through the Samsung repair as the ee shop is there approved repair shop. The phone as a cover on and there is no accident damage on it but they told it as there are a few marks on fold on the outside it would cost me. There is no damage on the screen it looks like new.
0 Likes
lealuna
Journeyman
Options
Samsung is a complete waste of time I sent my phone for repair through Samsung than I got sent photos of my phone with a damaged a dent in it on the screen at the side which wasn't there. I ve sent them photos of my phone with no dent in and they are saying they didn't do it . Now I am getting my phone back with a dent in it and no repair. They say no damage happened as the box was fine. Samsung is a joke 
OmegaMutant
Pathfinder
Options
Your post on 20/04 also states that EE also advised that it would be out of warranty due to "marks."

You've now had two engineers look at the device and advise you it's out of warranty due to poor conditon of the phone.

They both can't be wrong surely?
0 Likes
lealuna
Journeyman
Options
No my point is they sent me a photo for the engineer with a dent on the screen which wasn't there when I sent it off. I took photos of my phone before I sent it off. If you read this post I say that the phone didn't have the dent in before they got it
0 Likes
lealuna
Journeyman
Options
And my post on the 20/04 says there are no cracks on the screen which the photos they sent me it now has
0 Likes
OmegaMutant
Pathfinder
Options
Did you time and date photos using watermark feature, depending on how you took photos?

Could always attempt to ask for pictures of the box to show if it was, or wasn't damaged?

Ultimately, you're going to have to continue your dispute with Samsung on this one but, either way you look at it, either repair option you go down, if you do, is going to be charged if phone is in poor condition.
lealuna
Journeyman
Options
Yes all photos have date, time, location etc on them. They are saying the box was damaged. They have told me in and email they will not be responding to me that it was there final email on the matter they didn't do the damaged. It more the point I have trusted them with my phone and they have damaged it. It not about the cost of the repair it they have damaged it and now I will have a dent in the frame by the screen that they did
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@lealuna do you have any other relevant insurance such as Home Contents Insurance and or some bank accounts provide cover as a perk of the account. 

Unfortunately if Samsung have advised on their final decision then you may be stuck with that. 

If i can be of any further help please don't hesitate to ask  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes