Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flip Z broken again along the fold.

(Topic created on: 12-05-2022 09:48 AM)
Lindsay Burrows
Journeyman
Options

The phone was purchased through Vodafone in may 2020.  Kept in great condition and after 6 months of use, boom. The screen just burst along the join between the top and bottom. 

Didnt think that much of it being a new technology etc.. Off it went to Samsung, no questions asked just repaired and returned without any issues what so ever.

Another 6 months passes and low and behold wake up one day, unfold the phone and its got a crusty looking crack again right through the center. Screen still worked and didnt seem to be effected despite the gastly looking line through it but took it into Vodafone who looked over it and recommended just using the phone as normal as its likely just the covering ontop of the glass screen and shouldnt cause any more problems down the track.

About a week of use and the dreaded dead pixles and funny looking black stuff started coming out all over the bottom of the screen again rendering the phone unuseable, again.

We asked the question this time, saying is this a common fault with these phones as its barely over a year old and already been replaced once. They couldnt say in store as they had only sold a couple of them personally.

This time Samsung came back and said, yes the screen has broken same as the first time and they will fix it under warranty. However the charge port had a bent or broken pin or something inside that would cost extra to repair. I said, its not a big concern we only use wireless charging on them 99% of the time anyway but sure I paid the extra couple of hundred $ to get it done at the same time.

Another 8-9 months later... Here we are again, big crack through the middle of the screen.
This time we made it known to vodafone, we dont want this fixed again. We want a refund or a replacement phone as this is clearly an ongoing issue that we didnt want to continue dealing with.

This time Samsung decides that the exact same issue that has been repaired twice already under warranty is now an issue we have caused somehow. And that the phone again mysteriously has a broken charge port again.
Liquid damage (the black stuff from the screen popping) I can only assume. To which they said yes it is from the screen because you broke the screen. 
And said, pay the $900+ to repair it or take the phone back useless and go away.

Vodafone and Samsung have been equally useless in trying to get this issue sorted despite a clear history of this issue on our phone and documented here and plastered across youtube/google and many forums.

Good luck if you ever buy any of the samsung flip phones and need to get it repaired under warranty. 

10 REPLIES 10
Sean teo
First Poster
Options

Same thing happened to me today...I only having the phone for 5 week....never drop the phone or anything. Reducilous

Bought it from Vodafone. Bring back to the shop try to resolve the problem. Being accuse of using the phone too rough because I m a tradie.  Saying I damaged the phone  And keep asking me to sent the phone to Samsung kiosk instead of Vodafone.  Totally disappointed.

Now they agreed to sent it to the service centre to check for warranty 10 business days. Not REPAIR...so buying fold 4 and probably won't see it till Feb and then what ..fold 5 coming out....then what damaged again service again then fold 6...

Fold 1 to fold 4..I know Samsung work so hard to improved the product ..but the after service is really disappointed 

0 Likes