Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flip Z 3 warenty Refusal.

(Topic created on: 09-06-2023 09:58 AM)
Ryoko90210
Journeyman
Options
My flip z screen has been intermittently not turning on when opening the device. It happens about 50% of the time. It was within warenty so I dropped it off at the service center only took have the repair refused due to some small cosmetic scratches on the device.

They willy not even open the device to investigate the issue. Seems the warenty is useless if you actualy use the device. 
0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
Z-Flip3 Faulty
First Poster
Options

Samsung UK are letting down their customers by voiding all warranty cover by saying if you have a scratch anywhere on the phone the warranty is void.. How can they get away with this, imagine having a car 6 months old and it goes wrong and the manufacturer refusing to fix or even diagnosing the fault because you have a scratch on the bonnet.

There is a known fault with the Z-Flip 3 and Samung are not repairing them due to costs they would incur.

The company TMT they use are to assess the phones are useless as well, just look at the trustpilot score for this company.

I will be visiting Samsung UK HQ and throwing my Z Flip 3 back at them !!

I will never buy Samaung ever again !!

ElfyBumbles
First Poster
Options
I just joined because i have the same problem. A few days ago my phone screen stopped automatically turning on every time when i opened it and was only turning on some of the time. I keep seeing a kind of flicker occasionally too across the top part of the screen. I'm so worried that im goung to open it at some point and the screen will be dead
fedup1
Apprentice
Options
Mine started with flickering then the screen went dead. My phone has never been out of the case since the day I bought it.
Just Google this issue Samsung are covering up this faulty product.
Ryoko90210
Journeyman
Options
It's odd. Mine is now working much better but it still happens. I only got the phone cause of the extended two year warenty. I knew they had some issues but I figured I'd be covered if something happened. I'll report back once they reply to my DM.
0 Likes
fedup1
Apprentice
Options
How can you void your warranty by sending it to a third party, the reason you would send it to a 3rd party is because you have already deemed the warranty void because the phone might have a little scratch on it.
Your so called experts wouldn't look at my repair because I had a little scratch on the back of it, but they could quote a price to repair it without looking at what needed doing to it, have they got super powers and know exactly what is wrong with a phone without running a diagnostic test on it first or are they getting that many dead screen Z3 flip phones coming in due to the manufacturer fault they just know what is wrong with them.
Samsung need to address this issue instead of trying to charge a customer £330 to repair a not fit for purpose phone
0 Likes
Members_DrKS2wy
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I had exactly the same issue. Screen wouldnt wake up unless i pushed a button or waited a long time. It went to the repair centre and they refused to repair due to a scratch on the hinge. I asked samsung how a minor scratch on the hinge was causing the screen refusing to wake... their response was to "repair" the phone. I say repair as it was clearly a brand new phone they sent me. All of the above happened with me not having a screen protector also! the protector started to come away from the fold, so i removed it. Apparently this invalidates your warranty also.

This was 6 months ago....the phone went back to the repair centre yesterday as the screen protector, on the new handset, is coming away at the hinge! lol Will persevere with this handset as i love the form factor so much.

Hope you sort your issue out. Just be persistant with Samsung and im sure theyll honour the repair.

Ryoko90210
Journeyman
Options
Exactly what I'm dealing with. What did they charge for you're 'repair'?
0 Likes