Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flip 5 not installed Halifax app

(Topic created on: 4 weeks ago)
Allan57
Apprentice
Options
Google play store try update on my Halifax Banking app but shows error, I then uninstall & cannot install the app at all, just shows error now
0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23
Robin999
Maestro
Options
Where are you based Allan?
0 Likes
Allan57
Apprentice
Options
Leicester in UK
0 Likes
Robin999
Maestro
Options
Thanks. Restart the phone first, then try to install again. Post back with exact error. If there are any traces left on your device from the previous install, then wipe the phones cache partition and try reinstalling app again

Plug into a working PC or laptop

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/
0 Likes
Allan57
Apprentice
Options
Hi Robin, already try restarting phone and reinstall app, still same error, just had another go and error says cant install Halifax mobile banking, then says see common ways to resolve
0 Likes
Robin999
Maestro
Options
Try the cache wipe to remove any remnants of the app after you uninstalled it. Ensure your Google Play store is up to date and check for any Google Play System updates.
0 Likes
Allan57
Apprentice
Options
Sorry to ask again, still not sure how to clear cache from halifax remnants and ckear cache from phone
0 Likes
Allan57
Apprentice
Options
Sorry to sound stupid, so if i plug into my laptop, will i see a window on my laptop to clear cache ?
0 Likes
Robin999
Maestro
Options
No, you just need to plug in so as to get to the recovery menu. The recovery menu will appear on the phone as per the instructions in the link.

Of course, there's no guarantee this will fix your problem, and if not, then I'd look more closely at the app itself. Is it possible to try installing it on another device? Just to check, it's nothing to do with Halifax themselves. If it still won't download, then maybe it's a problem at their end in which you'll need to reach out to the app developers.
0 Likes