Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flip 5 black screen issue

(Topic created on: 4 weeks ago)
Cheten
Explorer
Options
My wife's phone screen suddenly began to appear black from the fold area, and now it's expanding. The screen is no longer responsive. She bought the phone 7 months back. What can I do about it?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
Contact Samsung and ask for a warranty repair if you got it from them or if you got it from a network provider Contact them.
Cheten
Explorer
Options
I just got the manufacturer warranty, i didn't buy samsung care plus.
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
That's fine, it has at least 12 months warranty, but if your wife dropped the phone or there is damage on the outer layer of the screen like a scratch or puncture mark or dent Samsung might charge you for the repair. I would take photos of the even at different angles as proof there's no damage externally.
Cheten
Explorer
Options
No she didn't drop the phone.It randomly appeared. I don't see any damage on the outer body or screen, will click some images.Thanks for the suggestion.
H3S3G
Explorer
Options
Hey,

I totally agree with TechZilla. You should definitely collect a lot of evidence to prove that you didn't drop your phone. Maybe even make a video showing all around the phone. Samsung loves to avoid doing repairs. They wouldn't fix my TV because I wiped the screen down, and that apparently voids the warranty even though it wasn't a screen problem. If you got the phone from a network provider, they might be more helpful. Just make sure you really emphasize to them that Samsung won't repair a phone directly if you didn't buy it from them. And if you bought the phone from Samsung, well, good luck. They're pretty useless and use foreign agents that don't actually know what they're saying, it's all on scripts.