Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display issues

(Topic created on: 08-02-2022 12:27 PM)
nathyboy
First Poster
Options

My son has a zflip3 5g, just recently has been having issues, it seems to heat up quite quickly even when not in use. Also display issues have arisen. When opening the phone the display doesn't always come on, and quite often when it does, it's just a scramble of colours (as can be seen in the image) but eventually I can make it usable after a bit of effort. I'm thinking could this be the heat? Or maybe a ribbon cable inside?

20220206_230449.jpg

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Do you still have warranty
On the phone
You could try contacting support
Explaining the issue
https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/
0 Likes
nathyboy
First Poster
Options
It's only a few months old but I've been seeing Horror stories of samsung just saying it's damaged even when it's obviously something from a design flaw. We have 2 of them and mine has been perfectly fine.im going through the support now to look at getting it repaired but the troubleshooting is a pain in the backside, it's not very specific with problem descriptions
0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
I would still give it a go
If only had it few months
Still under warranty
Explaining the issue
And share the image
It does look like a faulty display
0 Likes
nathyboy
First Poster
Options
Don't worry I'll be getting on to them, he can't even use it now and every time he tries to turn it off it just starts back up again
0 Likes
Daviek28
Pathfinder
Options
Has it been dropped ? I dropped a phone a few years back and the screen looked exactly like that.
0 Likes
nathyboy
First Poster
Options
Not been dropped at all, seems the more its being used the worse it gets, not sure if I could put a video up but it's now almost like a screen flicker effect you see on films. If I time it right I can press the buttons for his lock code. I'm gonna see if I can back it up later and do a hard reset as suggested. If that fails, then book in for a repair
0 Likes
Daviek28
Pathfinder
Options
When I dropped my phone and the screen went like that it was permanent nothing I did would bring the screen back on, so hopefully a reset helps. If not send it back , that's why I won't have a phone with a bendy screen , I can see how they will last .
0 Likes