Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class action on folding phones

(Topic created on: 18-07-2023 03:05 PM)
lc50
Student
Options

I bought a Flip z 3 in Oct 2021. In less than a year it got stuck pixel. I backed up everything and sent it for repair, only to be accused of causing it myself!

So I had to pay for the repair. And now less than a year on, not only have the stuck pixels returned it's starting to bubble along the hinge and making a cricking noise whenever I fold it - and I hardly ever fold it!

Having read the other sufferers' complaint, Samsung clearly has not tested their products to last the duration of an average contract.

I'm wondering if we should take class action against Samsung.

8 REPLIES 8
ironass
Black Belt 
Options

@lc50 

Can I ask which European country you reside in?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @lc50 

In regards to the stuck pixels please try scrolling through the colour test panels invoked by keying into your phone dialer pad this *#0*#

If this does not help then still ask a Samsung Service Centre to assess the phone. 

Samsung guarantee repair work they carry out.

In regards to the bubble this sounds like the factory fitted screen protector has delaminated. 

This happened on my Samsung Z Fold³ which I personally peeled away and continued to use the phone without one which was my choice to do. 

Again the Service Centre should be able to help with this.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Moniquew78
First Poster
Options

The front screen went out on my Fold Z 3 and I sent if off for repairs.  I was told via chat that Samsung will warranty the repair for 6 months, but after calling 1-800-Samsung, 5 days before the 6 month warranty, due to the same issue happening, I was told it was 90 days.  My 1-year MFG's warranty went out a month prior.  I was told by the Case Manager there at Samsung (Frank) that I would have to pay for the repair.  I was also told that the phone was not repaired by a Samsung authorized center - Deceptive Consumer Practices!

0 Likes
emmkuu1
First Poster
Options
Anyone in the UK? Can you all please Google Leigh Day Solicitors and message them via the "Contact Us" option on their website? I've asked them if they can start exploring a UK group claim (ie. class action) case. It would help if others would message them asking the same. I successfully got some money via other claims through Leigh Day before, so it's just a matter of a few people going to them asking them to get on it, to show there is a critical mass of people in the UK affected by the Fold/Flip warranty issues.
0 Likes
s1one
First Poster
Options

Hi 

I wrote to them using that "Contract Us" form. Let's hope more people write, so they can see increasing interest in class action lawsuit.

Thanks

0 Likes
s1one
First Poster
Options

Got back from Leigh Day Solicitors, asking me additional questions. Have they come back to you at any point?

0 Likes
s1one
First Poster
Options

Samsung offers or offered discounted screen replacement for z fold 4 and z flip 4 in New Zealand:

https://www.samsung.com/nz/offer/galaxy-z-screen-replacement-service/z4/

0 Likes
CeliaSteenkamp
First Poster
Options

I will join. My very well taken care of Fold 4 has pixels that died in the fold and the touch screen no longer works. This is my last samsung phone. 

0 Likes