Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery life (i.e. longevity)

(Topic created on: 17-06-2021 08:57 AM)
johne53
Pathfinder
Options

I need to update my old HTC smartphone and I'd been considering the Galaxy Z Fold 2 - until I realised the battery's apparently not replaceable. And it seems to be getting sold (in most places) with just a 12 month warranty.

So what happens if I buy this very expensive phone and the battery dies after 14 months? Is my only option to scrap the phone??

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Here you go.

From https://www.samsung.com/uk/trade-in/ 

If you exercise your right to cancel and return the new phone during the 28-day cooling-off period, we will endeavour to return your trade-in phone, but this cannot be guaranteed. In the event the old phone cannot be returned MTR will provide you with a cash equivalent price for the old phone based on the price currently payable for your old phone on the Samsung Recycle website (www.samsungrecycle.co.uk). "

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

johne53
Pathfinder
Options

One last question (hopefully...)

I've found some pages on the Samsung UK site offering deals for the new Galaxy Fold3 with various contracts from some network providers (O2 / Vodaphone etc) but I can't find anything similar for the Flip3. Are phone+service deals only available for Fold3 purchases?

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @johne53 

Yes these are the current phone's Samsung offer through a network contract.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/pay-monthly-contract/ 

The flip³ isn't currently an option. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "