Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachment not opening

(Topic created on: 23-11-2023 07:35 PM)
Paulina88
Apprentice
Options
Hi I have samsung galaxy z flip 5 and I have a problem with opening attachments so I try to open is downloading and thats it I need to close app and then go to files . How to change settings to open straight away please help me🤨
20 REPLIES 20
Sombody3
Voyager
Options
Which app are you downloading attachments from?
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
@Paulina88 Do you have associated aps on your Device as shown here and are all your apps up to date. https://www.samsung.com/africa_en/support/mobile-devices/how-to-use-the-samsung-email-app-and-how-to...
You may need to change the defaults in the email application info. In defaults ensure set as Default in this app and open supported links are toggled on.1700773687618.jpg1700773702231.jpg

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Paulina88
Apprentice
Options
Yahoo email and some apps from school
0 Likes
Paulina88
Apprentice
Options
It's not online email is albo some other app
0 Likes
Paulina88
Apprentice
Options
I got already on which U show me on pics
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
You could also clear the cache from the relevant apps to see if that makes a difference. settings-Apps- app-storage-clear cache.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Paulina88
Apprentice
Options
Still nothing...
0 Likes
Sombody3
Voyager
Options
I'm not sure that it is possible to get files to open immediately after downloading them I've just tried it a few times myself and have had to open manually each time. Sorry 😞.
0 Likes
TWNMUM
Journeyman
Options

hi James. I have the exact same problem as Pauline. I cluck.on attachments in my emails and it downloads and doesn't open why? I have set my defaults to Adobe as there doesn't seem to be a samsung pdf viewer anymore. On my previous Samsung A8 it had a pre installed Samsung pdf viewer.  Now it takes forever.  What am I doing wrong? 

0 Likes