Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone had trouble getting a repair ?

(Topic created on: 16-05-2023 06:41 PM)
blooloo
First Poster
Options
Two and a have months ago my Galaxy flip 4 screen stopped working, as I had only had it for three months I took it back to John lewis who sent it to samsung . It was inspected at John lewis and I was told there was no visible damage . When it arrived at samsung I received an email again informing me that there was no visible damage and it was awaiting a technician to mend it . After two months I rang to see why I hadn't heard anything. The next day I received photos of damage to the case of the phone and a bill stating they could mend it for £458 . Even though I have proof there wasn't and damage they won't accept it
 Has anyone else had an similar experience? 
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
keith30
Maestro
Options
I think they say that for everyone that has sent in for repairs, you just have to read all those reports on this forum that people post on here from time to time. Big con
0 Likes
AngusFangus
Student
Options
Hi there.
I too have had problems getting my Flip 4 fixed under warranty. I have videos and photos of my phone screen literally bleeding. Quoted me £420 saying my phone was damaged. Refused to pay it and now in contact with a BBC television programme.
0 Likes
blooloo
First Poster
Options
It seems to be happening alot , I'm happy to tell bbc my story too if it will help your case . I have a receipt and an email stating there was no damage when it I took it on for repair but they are just saying I damaged it so I have to pay.
I have not paid so they have returned broken phone to me
0 Likes
Members_QmfntBB
First Poster
Options

I bought a Flip 4 last October. 4 days ago, I started to get a clicking noise on opening the phone which has been getting worse. I have now starting leaving the phone in the open position as I'm actually afraid that the hinge will snap if I open and close it any more! I use the phone for my business, so my entire life is on it! I too bought it outright at John Lewis (cost £999) and took it back there - they advised that it would have to be sent to Samsung for assessment/repair, which would take approximately 28 days! I don't have another phone to use during this period, so ended up leaving the store with the phone as I simply couldn't be without it. I've now bought another (cheaper £140!) phone to use so John Lewis can send my phone to Samsung. Reading the comments above, I don't hold out much hope that the fault will be dealt with. Wish I hadn't bought the phone in the first place and just gone for a cheaper contract with my phone provider. 

0 Likes