Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After update to One UI 6.0 Bluetooth audio and sound not working

(Topic created on: 26-01-2024 07:12 AM)
Members_5vWpzP6
First Poster
Options

Hello,

After update to One UI 6.0 the Bluetooth audio/sound is not working anymore over the car sound system and over any Bluetooth headset.

Tried several possible resets already, without any success. Bluetooth connects properly, but does not give any sound/audio.

Any new ideas are welcome.

11 REPLIES 11
Blobbymatt
Apprentice
Options
I have this same issue.
Per76
Apprentice
Options

Have this too, when unfolded btw, see also:

No sound via Bluetooth when phone is open - Samsung Community

0 Likes
John190
Apprentice
Options

uuugh wish I had never updated to UI 6.0 ☹️ - it nuts that some apps are fine with some devices and others are not - I have filed under "if it's not broken do not fix" file.

0 Likes
John190
Apprentice
Options

Yes - my ZF3 phone app will cut the bluetooth sound if I am on a phone call and open the unit up.  It a little weird as the my 3rd party music app works fine with phone open or closed and switching between the two modes no worries - but trying the maintain a phone call ... nope --> the only upside I see is that it does not point to a core hardware fault --> theses things only happened last week when I upgraded to UI6 and going from no operational issues other than in internal screen protector replacement (which was free) to sort of having Bluetooth mostly working and no WiFi its a frustrating.  I am hoping the next software update includes some fixes. 

0 Likes
Angelus_nzg
Apprentice
Options

same issue. only connect to 1 device at time. After reseting settings, Issue persist.

0 Likes
Petshopboys1984
First Poster
Options
Can anyone answer? Is one ui 6.0 bluetooth 6.0?
0 Likes
John190
Apprentice
Options
  1. Not really – the current version Bluetooth is V5.4 released in February 2023.
  2. The current Samsung UI version is 6.0 (with 6.1 on its way) running on Android 14  [ settings -->  about phone --->  software information ]
  3. Devices tend have a fixed Bluetooth version as it sit on your device System-on-Chip (SoC) <-- no user serviceable parts here 😊
  4. You can always good your device and check the technical specification it will be listed for sure.
0 Likes
Petshopboys1984
First Poster
Options
Thankyou for your answer. My galaxy phone had 5.1 Bluetooth. I wondered if that would be better now the ui version 6.0 is installed. I wondered if I could now connect galaxy buds 2 to my phone?
0 Likes
John190
Apprentice
Options

You should have been able to pair/connect your Samsung phone and Samsung Buds together before the UI6.0 upgrade. 

You should be able to pair/connect a bunch of different ways

1. enter pairing mode by placing the Galaxy Buds 2 in the case, waiting five seconds, and opening the lid.
  2. open the Samsung Galaxy Wearable app (it really should pop up automatically)
  3. it may be the case that your earbuds are paired with some other device already – to manually enter pairing mode put the buds into the case and then hold both touchpads on the earbuds for a few seconds – go the Galaxy Wearable app it should show up on the list

Give it whirl 🙂

0 Likes