Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi turning off by itself

(Topic created on: 24-10-2019 09:50 AM)
cinnamon009
Student
Options

Hi, I have an issue with my S9+ where the wifi keeps turning itself off. If I don't notice then I don't remember to turn it back on and I have used all my data this month now due to this problem. I have checked all my settings and nothing jumps out as being incorrect. The setting which turned it off whilst asleep is no longer there. I have it set to turn on automatically for frequently used wifi so it should connect anyway but it isn't. Any clues? 

40 REPLIES 40
Mo32
Apprentice
Options

I'm having this issue too. It started randomly yesterday and I still haven't found a fix. I have tried everything I have seen on google and even contacted the support twitter account who concluded that the next course of action is to go to the Samsung Store five miles away from me which isn't an option since I can't legally drive. 

I've cleared network settings, dialled *#0011# and performed a ping test and then restarted the phone, cleared the partition cache etc etc to avail. If anyone has any clue on how to fix it, that'd be much appreciated. 

0 Likes
AsadM
Options
Hi @Mo32. Hope you're doing well. Can you please confirm which device you're experiencing this on? We're happy to go through this with you.
0 Likes
Mo32
Apprentice
Options

Hello, it's an S9+. It isn't attached to any network but there is a Three sim in it. The wifi is working well with all my other devices. 

0 Likes
AsadM
Options
@Mo32: Thanks for this. Where did you buy your phone from? Have you spoke to the retailer to confirm if the phone is locked to any specific Network? Also, have you tried using other sim cards in the phone?
0 Likes
Mo32
Apprentice
Options

I bought the phone from Argos and I am sure that the phone is unlocked because I had to use another sim from another provider while I was waiting for a micro sim to arrive. I don't think the wifi is an issue because it's working perfectly fine with everything else I have and no one else in my family is reporting any issues, especially my mum who also has a Samsung, though it's an older model. 

0 Likes
AsadM
Options
@Mo32: We understand in the title of this thread you've mentioned you're experiencing issues with WiFi connections on your phone, but in your first response, you've mentioned it's a Network issue. Can you please confirm if you're having both issues on your phone, or it's only one of the two?
0 Likes
Mo32
Apprentice
Options

Sorry, my bad. It's purely a wifi issue. I only mentioned the network clearing because it was something that was suggested when I was looking for a fix yesterday. The network is working as it should. It is only the wifi on the phone that won't turn on. 

0 Likes
AsadM
Options
Thanks for that, @Mo32. Have you tried connecting the phone to a different WiFi network to see if this still happens?
0 Likes
Mo32
Apprentice
Options

I can't get that far to try. I turn the wifi on, it scans for wifi networks, then turns itself off.

0 Likes
AsadM
Options
@Mo32: If you've tried a factory reset and you're still experiencing this, it does sound like your phone will need to be inspected to help determine what action to take to get this fixed.

You can arrange this at any one of our approved Support Centres. An appointment isn't required, and you can pop in whenever it's convenient for you during their operating hours. The engineers will inspect and advise on what will be required to complete this.

They'll aim to get it completed in 1 working day but this is subject to part availability. You can find the nearest Support Centres here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/service-centre/
0 Likes