Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

screenshot

(Topic created on: 12-07-2020 11:14 PM)
Jillie46
Apprentice
Options
My phone won't screenshot anymore and the only way l can raise volume is going into settings.  How can I fix this
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

That's not good @Jillie46 

The palm swipe method or Press and hold the volume down and power buttons simultaneously obviously should work.

Can you try a Soft Reboot by turning the phone Off and On.

If that does not help then turn the phone Off again and then from a set series of button presses go into the phones system files and clear the cache files. No info is lost this way.

If no help then put the phone in Safe Mode which disables downloaded apps but leaves the stock ones working and then see what happens.

If it stops then one or more of your downloaded apps are causing this.  Start deleting one at a time as a process of elimination.

Finally as a very last resort back up and remove any relevant Sd card and factory reset.

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre would be able to help you further too.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Jillie46
Apprentice
Options
I dont get what you mean when you say "from a series of button presses go into the phones system files ? is there another way to get to system files ? I have already tried rebooting which hasn't worked. where can I find safe mode ?
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

It sounds like you volume buttons have quit functioning. You can get the device repaired, but if your only concern is screenshots then i have 2 solutions your can use

Using task edge:

Make sure take edge is enabled setting>display>edge screen>toggle on edge panels

The once you open the edge panel from the side of your phone click the setting icon in the bottom left corner. Turn on tasks edge and turn off any you dont need and you will be able to take screenshots from your edge panel

Assistant menu:

Setting>accessibility>interaction and dexterity>assistant menu

You can just toggle on this setting for a floating little square you can place anywhere, when its expaneded you have options like screenshot, volume, home and others

Or If you press the word assistant menu you can custom the menu to only have the options you need

Jillie46
Apprentice
Options
thank you so much all for your help all sorted delighted 😀
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

How did you sort out the issue in the end @Je655  ?

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Jillie46
Apprentice
Options
not too sure 🤣 I uninstalled a few apps and cleared cache
0 Likes
Doodle1
Pioneer
Options
Samsung members has a interactive hardware checks try this before this switching phone off,press and hold power,volume down,bixby button till samsung logo appears, release,wait,till menu scroll down to clear partition using volume and power button,then reboot.. also samsung goodlock at galaxy store allows for swipe screen shot or at Google play store.