Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S9 with Android 10 Do Not Disturb app exceptions setup missing

(Topic created on: 18-02-2020 03:42 PM)
WillQ
Apprentice
Options

Hi. I recently upgraded my S9 to Android 10. I have some apps that I wish to remain active during the Do Not Disturb period but I cannot find out how to allow these apps to do so. Does anybody have this issue too? Does anybody know how to fix it?

18 REPLIES 18
AndrewL
Options
@WillQ: On Android 10, Do Not Disturb only allows Calls, Messages, Alarms and Calendar events as app specific exceptions, with Media Sounds, Touch Sounds and Reminders as general options to mute or unmute. Which apps did you have in mind as exceptions?
0 Likes
Mb203
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issues with the Note 8.  Why would Samsung remove the ability to allow app notifications as an exception to Do Not Disturb?

SammyJoe
First Poster
Options

Adding in here that, for me, being able to allow specific messenger style apps (like fb messenger or gchat) to be allowed as an exception for DND was very important to me and removing that feature has caused issues for me. Can we please bring this back?

Stoppie90
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have the same issue. An execption seems possible but when selected there is still no sound. This is an incredibly important work feature for me.Screenshot_20200402-170643_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20200402-170707_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
ADragon84
First Poster
Options

I would like the ability to let my security system app come thru the DND for starters.

AceMan53
Student
Options
Q1: Why was the App selection removed by Samsung? From what I read it is available in UN-Modified Android OS.
Q2: Where can I find a Samsung Android Mobile Development Request and Status site (URL)?
Please Advise,
0 Likes
KeenBTF
First Poster
Options

I never modify my OS and this is still the case for me.  I used to be able to allow discord messages through the do not disturb so that I could still hear the notifications when my family sent me a message. That is gone now and I always miss the messages from my husband and children. Bring this back please!

0 Likes
Lucb084
First Poster
Options

My S10 running Android 10 is the same. Disappointed it's not available to all apps. Please fix. FYI I don't think it's just Samsung. So could be a android software issue

JohnH999
Student
Options

Been over  a year and this issue persists.  Why in the flying hell would samsung put in the extra work to REMOVE a feature from android.  Frigging stupid. FIX IT.

0 Likes