Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't turn on notifications since update

(Topic created on: 11-12-2022 12:16 PM)
wildcardspv
Apprentice
Options
S21 Ultra SM-G998B
Since the last software update which was maybe 2 weeks ago, I can't get notifications from an app called Kinzoo which I use to keep in touch with my kids, so I'm missing their messages and video calls. In the notification settings menu, notifications for this app are off and can't be turned on (can toggle on but just goes straight back to off again). It's also classed as a system app which doesn't seem right. I've made sure that the battery setting for the app is unrestricted, I've cleared it's data, uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled from Google play (so it's definitely up to date) and it's the same. This happens over WiFi and mobile data connections, and the phone is not in do not disturb mode. All permissions for the app are enabled. The app works fine in all other ways, it's just that the phone is blocking notifications from it, with no way to stop this. 2 other family member have the app on their android devices and are not having this problem. Anyone got any other ideas?
2 REPLIES 2
wildcardspv
Apprentice
Options
Seems to working now since updates to both the Kinzoo app, and a number of system apps such as Android System We view (which I've read was the cause of similar problems for other people).
0 Likes
shadow-cat
Student
Options

I have exactly same problem, but with Mattermost application.

I posted another question for it.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/can-t-turn-on-notifications-since-update/m-p/6...

0 Likes